Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 07:36 PM

160 posts, read 1,161,937 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My twins had their HS graduation pics taken by a friend who is just starting out int he photography business. She did a great job, but is only supplying CDs of the pictures. She included a paper signed to give copyright permission. So, now I need to get them printed!!

A couple of my daughter's friends have come around with a photo book from a local professional photographer. They are awesome little books of all their senior pictures. They do not say who the publisher is on the books. So I went online to investigate getting something similar. Whoa! There are many places to download the software and order books. Now my mind is just swimming with book ideas!!! (I'm a teacher and could sure have fun with class projects!)

So I am asking if anyone has ordered books and if they can tel lme any experiences they have had and could suggest what site you think would be the best in quality/ price/ etc. Any suggestions????

Thanks!! I can't wait to get started making my books!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 08:53 PM

1,184 posts, read 4,044,061 times
Most of the photographers on NikonCafe have a preference for blurb as you download free layout software to develop the book. Another option would be lulu. Keep in mind that these sites are more adept at helping you to scale your printing based on your demand so it can help you keep your costs down.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:47 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Blurb is the most recommended I see.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:38 PM

160 posts, read 1,161,937 times
Hi!

I just recieved the photo book I made with Shutterfly and it is absolutely amazing. WOW!!! I am sooo happy and will make a reorder immediately. I sure can think of lots of ideas for more books! It is a beautiful book!!
I highly recommend!

Old 10-23-2009, 10:12 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,170,015 times
Blurb, smilebooks, lulu, picaboo, and many others. Those are targeted to a regular consumer, and fun to play with and design. I use professional albums to provide to my clients, i can tell you where i get them, but they are geared towards professional photographers, and are expensive.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:32 AM

247 posts, read 745,107 times
I was going to recommend Shutterfly for doing a book. We just did books for my mom and dad for their birthdays and they are awesome.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:01 PM

556 posts, read 2,087,174 times
I did a photo book through kodakgallery.com, for our dog trainer as a 'thank you' gift and it turned out GREAT! SUPER quality - quick turnaround and I got to design it and see how it would look 'before' ordering.

Good luck - I think photo books are such a GREAT gift idea.....even if it is a gift to ourself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography