Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 05:24 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitts10yrs View Post
That's not true. Just a silly statement.
well they killed 2 of my family members in 2 months and a friends family too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 05:55 AM

296 posts, read 560,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian12 View Post
here is how non profit works. spent all the money you got on stadiums and lavish salaries so that way there is no money left over for profit
That sounds a lot like PA state government

Old 07-08-2010, 12:02 PM

1,104 posts, read 2,591,308 times
The same thing UPMC did in Allegheny, I see the same thing happening in Westmoreland with Excela. First, Latrobe and Frick loses some services while Jeannette gets downgraded to a quick-service facility. It really has become a monopoly. Even Monsour Hospital along Route 30 still sits vacant after about 5 years, that towering building is really an eyesore from miles away.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:39 PM

325 posts, read 1,077,344 times
Its really a shame that West Penn is closing its ER among other areas of its hospital. I HATE UPMC with a passion. Their employees are rude as all get out they treat patients like crap and dont care. I loved having West Penn as an alternative. They seemed overall to be much more friendly and caring about the patients and family members. As sad as it may seem I agree with the previous poster that said Shadyside is good at nothing but killing people. That has been my experience as well with that awful hospital. I will travel the extra miles to go to AGH. I said long ago that I would NEVER set foot in a UPMC facility again and I plan to stick by that despite these changes.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:23 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,891,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
Its really a shame that West Penn is closing its ER among other areas of its hospital. I HATE UPMC with a passion. Their employees are rude as all get out they treat patients like crap and dont care. I loved having West Penn as an alternative. They seemed overall to be much more friendly and caring about the patients and family members.

I will travel the extra miles to go to AGH. I said long ago that I would NEVER set foot in a UPMC facility again and I plan to stick by that despite these changes.
They're not closing all of West Penn, are they? I hope I can continue to see my internist/GP there, as my experience with UPMC mirrors yours. You wouldn't expect to be treated rudely by hospital staff anywhere, but most of the people (doctors, PAs, nurses) I have dealt with at UPMC have been rather rude. The only UPMC office I like is the headache center, though I (obviously) wish I didn't have to go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh