Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 12:44 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiemoon0810 View Post
All that I know is that he refers to her as a noun.
"THE wife" and "MY wife" are both referring to her as a noun.

My calling MY husband "hubby" is also a noun. It's no different than calling the television a telly.

I'm sorry the OP's simple reference struck so deeply for you. I hope that's all in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 07:44 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiemoon0810 View Post
My personal experiences are this....many people are simply unaware that what comes out of their mouth may be inappropriate. That's pretty much it.

If you don't mind your spouse calling you "The"....great. I have no idea whether the original poster loves and respects his wife. All that I know is that he refers to her as a noun.
Hey -- cool! Can anyone tell me where the ignore button is? I finally found someone to use it on!

Old 06-24-2007, 01:58 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Hey -- cool! Can anyone tell me where the ignore button is? I finally found someone to use it on!
On the top left hand side of the screen you will see "My Settings."

Click on "My Settings."

On the left side of the screen, you will see your control panel.

Towards the bottom on the left side, you will see "Buddy/Ignore Lists."

Click on "Buddy/Ignore Lists" and add the user name to your ignore list.

Don't forget hit the "save" button afterwards!

Old 07-02-2007, 07:09 AM

12 posts, read 40,891 times
It amazes me that no one ever brings up the charming village town of Beaver. It is a 40 minute trip to Pittsburgh, and a 20 minute trip to the airport.
Set along the Ohio River, this lovely,safe town is family friendly, with a wonderful downtown full of shops and restaurants It is one of the few towns in Pittsburgh that is flat. The schools are highly regarded, and there is a town pool. There are four parks, and a wonderful riverfront where everyone jogs or bikes along.
Most of Beaver County isn't very appealing, but Beaver is one of a kind. It is the county seat, and also houses the Beaver Medical Center. Plus the property taxes are low.

Check it out.
Terri1050

Old 07-02-2007, 07:15 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
I agree with you Terri that Beaver is cool. I guess it's a little farther out than some people want.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,363 times
does anybody know if there is a middle eastern / arabic community in pittsburgh? what neighborhoods do they live in?

Old 11-28-2011, 02:04 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,629,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer player View Post
does anybody know if there is a middle eastern / arabic community in pittsburgh? what neighborhoods do they live in?
Just an FYI, you may get a better response if you start a new thread.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:52 AM

439 posts, read 1,474,419 times
Wow, things get off topic and so out of control here so easily. Now I remember why I hardly come here any more.....

There is a montessori school in Mt Lebonan (wonderful community just south of the Pittsburgh city limits):

Mt. Lebanon Montessori School

As far as the question regarding middle eastern community, Brookline used to have a decent size arab/middle eastern community, I suspect they still do. Brookline is about a 10 minute drive to Mt Lebo and a 20 minute drive to town during rush hour.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:29 PM

137 posts, read 274,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Wow, things get off topic and so out of control here so easily. Now I remember why I hardly come here any more.....

There is a montessori school in Mt Lebonan (wonderful community just south of the Pittsburgh city limits):

Mt. Lebanon Montessori School
This was going to be my suggestion. We just moved to Mt. Lebanon and really like it so far. We plan to put our son into this school (he's only 2.5 though, so preschool).

OP, taxes here are around $3500 per 100k of assessed value (not mkt value). You can look up specific properties here:

Allegheny County Assessment

Old 11-29-2011, 03:18 PM

659 posts, read 1,145,787 times
My hubby calls me the old ball and chain! Lol! Just kidding! It is important in life to have a sense of humor...almost essential in this day and age....let it go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh