Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 03:48 PM

153 posts, read 114,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post
It hardly matters if the buyers are as ignorant as the builders. Some people just don't care about homes that are designed well, keep to a certain architecture style, have trees, sidewalks.
I was talking about the builders. ??? The buyers rarely even have a choice is most cases. Lowest common denominator society and proud of it, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 03:48 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
It hardly matters if the buyers are as ignorant as the builders. Some people just don't care about homes that are designed well, keep to a certain architecture style, have trees, sidewalks.
Exactly. Many simply buy what they like.

Old 02-23-2017, 03:49 PM

[quote=erieguy;47298948]Again, your opinion.

You did, except you didn't realize the biggest reason. Not everyone wants to live in the city. They like to visit it, but not live there.[/]

Duh?

Page 6. Quote: "...location".

Old 02-23-2017, 03:53 PM

969 posts, read 771,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plink View Post
I was talking about the builders. ??? The buyers rarely even have a choice is most cases. Lowest common denominator society and proud of it, I guess.
I'm on your side. Homes with mismatched styles make me cringe and I think it makes a mockery of architecture. My point was that some people have no taste (Note: that's different than bad taste.)

Old 02-23-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I'm on your side. Homes with mismatched styles make me cringe and I think it makes a mockery of architecture. My point was that some people have no taste (Note: that's different than bad taste.)
Yep. I really can't argue with anyone's taste. There are many things in life where I am ignorant or simply don't care. I just wish the "experts" involved (people building the homes) would get it right for once.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:05 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:

So you're also a fan of McMansion Hell? McMansion Hell

Old 02-23-2017, 04:07 PM

[quote=Plink;47298974]
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Again, your opinion.

You did, except you didn't realize the biggest reason. Not everyone wants to live in the city. They like to visit it, but not live there.[/]

Duh?

Page 6. Quote: "...location".
Sorry, I wasn't aware the location was in regards to new and modern construction. Not everyone wants old/historical. I could see many having a desire to have a newer and modern home in the city if the option was available without having to do a total renovation. I suspect that's why the new/modern luxury rental units are being built.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:56 PM

2,109 posts, read 2,158,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post

Sorry, I wasn't aware the location was in regards to new and modern construction. Not everyone wants old/historical. I could see many having a desire to have a newer and modern home in the city if the option was available without having to do a total renovation. I suspect that's why the new/modern luxury rental units are being built.
I agree with you. I like living in the city. I even like old houses. But I really like modern architecture. If I could afford it (I can't) I would design something really cool like the Emerald Art Glass House

Old 02-23-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsStanwix? View Post
I agree with you. I like living in the city. I even like old houses. But I really like modern architecture. If I could afford it (I can't) I would design something really cool like the Emerald Art Glass House
Very cool.

I don't hate any particular design of homes, however, I will always take new over old. I'm also a big fan of new that looks old. I just have no use for old or dilapidated that needs constant maintenance.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:13 PM

155 posts, read 179,045 times
This is what I don't get about Newburyport Markrt or any other mixed use development. We are building all these new developments to "breathe" life into communities. If they want mixed used communities. Why don't they just open up in the downtowns and business districts of local communities? I mean just about everytown in swap is a ghost town. Their downtown and business districts are nothing more than empty store fronts and local mom and pop businesses, just trying to survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh