U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 10:08 AM

3,191 posts, read 3,847,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitts10yrs View Post
Was he getting in his crusier to call for backup? Police are not supermen. I believe if there was gun fire, they are trained to call for help before proceeding.

I'm sure it didn't even happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 11:21 PM

58 posts, read 84,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Please point us to the source of that information.

I did my friend is a football coach there.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:36 PM

Also I am not saying he has to play superman and try chase after the assailants. My point of my post is he more than likely seen the shooters.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homewood_Resident View Post
I did my friend is a football coach there.

I asked you to show us a print article or video clip stating this fact.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:

The new rarely does capture so things as they get to the scene late. There are several people there that said the seen the cop arrive after he heard the first shots. As I said it's not about catching the idiots the same day, it was more on the lines of seeing the shooters.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:14 AM

275 posts, read 378,918 times
It is easy to shift blame here, especially with incidents like this. The police are there to help, but it is strange how the community, or these coaches, say it was a lack of police presence and then this information about a policeman supposedly witnessing and not reporting the criminals.

The core problem is the community is not working with the police but against them.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:16 AM

475 posts, read 123,501 times
Quote:
Just in case you aren't aware of this, "the news" isn't omnipotent, omnipresent, or any combination thereof. They know what information is released to them or they can dig up.

If an investigation is closed to the public and nobody spills the beans, they're just as clueless as anyone else. In fact, they'll probably pull something out of their ass in a grasp at relevancy, especially with the sharp decline of interest in print and televised news outside of the elderly.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:03 AM

4,262 posts, read 3,956,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
Just in case you aren't aware of this, "the news" isn't omnipotent, omnipresent, or any combination thereof. They know what information is released to them or they can dig up.

If an investigation is closed to the public and nobody spills the beans, they're just as clueless as anyone else. In fact, they'll probably pull something out of their ass in a grasp at relevancy, especially with the sharp decline of interest in print and televised news outside of the elderly.
I think what Aran is saying is that the news can't cover every crime, they pick and choose what they deem as newsworthy. In most cases the news covers unnewsworthy items and fluff pieces way too often.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homewood_Resident View Post
The new rarely does capture so things as they get to the scene late. There are several people there that said the seen the cop arrive after he heard the first shots. As I said it's not about catching the idiots the same day, it was more on the lines of seeing the shooters.
So in other words, as I thought, what you have to say is hearsay.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post

I hope you are never called to be on a jury in civil court. It's more than obvious to me that what she has to say is simply hearsay. Do you really think a cop is going to see or hear the gunshots and simply get back in his vehicle like it didn't happen? Come on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh