U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-08-2010, 09:58 PM

65 posts, read 77,473 times

Advertisements

This seems to be a common thing while looking for a rental house. While looking for a place I get asked how many kids I have or we can only allow this many people to live in the house. First Pit Bulls now KIDS? This has come up on more than 3 occasions while looking.

I have also noticed a lot of Section 8 accepted. More than I have ever seen anywhere i have ever lived. Is the area really that bad off? Is the section 8 thing hand in hand with the KID QUESTION or the limit of occupants on something you are paying for and giving a security deposit plus more just to get?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 11:01 PM

475 posts, read 142,661 times
I hate kids, lots of people hate kids. If I rented a place out it'd be zero kids allowed.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Status: "60th anniversary of the polio vaccine! Hail to Pitt!" (set 11 days ago)

70,058 posts, read 60,642,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
I hate kids, lots of people hate kids. If I rented a place out it'd be zero kids allowed.
I believe it is illegal to discriminate against people with kids. I also believe that occupancy laws refer to unrelated people, not people's children.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:32 PM

7,615 posts, read 10,653,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayYoungblood2 View Post
This seems to be a common thing while looking for a rental house. While looking for a place I get asked how many kids I have or we can only allow this many people to live in the house. First Pit Bulls now KIDS? This has come up on more than 3 occasions while looking.

I have also noticed a lot of Section 8 accepted. More than I have ever seen anywhere i have ever lived. Is the area really that bad off? Is the section 8 thing hand in hand with the KID QUESTION or the limit of occupants on something you are paying for and giving a security deposit plus more just to get?
I actually didn't think that was a legal question to ask....

And we have no children, by choice. We do have 9 cats.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:40 AM

Then I'd have to rent a place out outside the US if I were ever to be a landlord. Fine by me.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:09 AM

65 posts, read 77,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I believe it is illegal to discriminate against people with kids. I also believe that occupancy laws refer to unrelated people, not people's children.
Katiana pay no attention to my groupie. Its sort of a trend when I post here kind of like a nagging little brother or one of those kids in school that hated the athletes because he was a little awkward and needed a way to be seen with his all black attire acne covered face and dead hamsters in shoe boxes buried in the back yard.

Plus as he stated he hates kids and sometimes is better that some people do not reproduce.

And as to the legality of it, I have no clue. I just never responded back to the people. It just seemed to come up more than a few times and I wasnt sure if it was section 8 related as the section 8 thing seemed to be pretty common.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:40 AM

142 posts, read 208,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
I guess it's a good thing your parents didn't hate kids. Or maybe not.

And you my friend would not be a landlord. That's illegal and you'd end up with a hefty fine or even in jail.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:12 AM

I was an accident in a Catholic family that was strongly against abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh