U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 08:49 PM

1,158 posts, read 1,038,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBall View Post
Mine eyes they are a rollin'.
But please, really, a dog breaking out of a house? Mine eyes- they are a rollin,too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 10:08 PM

7,360 posts, read 7,568,656 times
a dog breaks out of its house wearing a leash, ties its leash in a knot around a railing, then jumps over the railing. what a likely scenario.

seriously, it is possible that the owner just tied the dog up and left it there and it fell over the ledge on its own and strangled, but that is the best case scenario. someone definitely tied that dog to that railing, that is certain.

in the article it also mentions that the dog had injuries that predated its death, that looked like they came from a fight.

anyway the police are investigating and will hopefully determine whether or not this was neglect or abuse, and if there is a dogfighting ring in that area, which seems like a very real possibility, hopefully this incident will lead them to it.

that being said, i don't think animal abuse is really unique to this region, or more common here than anywhere else.

oh and i have to respond to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
Dogs die. Old dogs, young dogs, healthy dogs, sick dogs...

Just because a dog died doesn't mean a human had a thing to do with it. It's hot, it's muggy, it's been dry. It could have busted out a window, been a stray, starved, dehydrated, exhausted itself, had rabies, any manner of thing.
do you really think the police would be investigating if it was just a dead dog? believe me, dead dogs turn up in wilkinsburg all the time without attracting the attention of the police department. of COURSE the circumstances of the dog's death were suspicious. i didn't know the details at the time that i posted this thread but they are public knowledge now, and it's obvious that a human had something to do with this death. the police are trying to find out who that human is and exactly what they did to the dog, whether it was an accident or intentional.

Last edited by groar; 08-12-2010 at 10:22 PM..

Old 08-13-2010, 08:27 AM

[quote=groar;15452955]a dog breaks out of its house wearing a leash, ties its leash in a knot around a railing, then jumps over the railing. what a likely scenario.

LOL!!!
Maybe I should get involved with starting up a doggie suicide hotline....

But seriously it amazes me that many people are ignorant of the fact that there is a section of the Pa Crime Code pertaining to animal abuse and that it is real,enforceable law. Animal Cops are given the authority to enforce this particular section of law.People think they can make up their own standards to how well they think an animal should be cared for.
I watch Animal Planet's Animal Cops so I know animal cruelty is not unique to our region-but i find it upsetting just the same.

Yes, I find this likely to be a dog fighting ring most likely involved this particular case

Old 08-13-2010, 08:40 AM

Also I just remembered an incident when animals did break in a store. About 5 years ago there was a variety store up the street that the police were called to for a break in. They found that the "criminals" were a band of Raccoons who had many shelves in the store tipped over, stuff was scattered everywhere, and the raccoons broke open bags of chips and candy they were found eating.It took the store most of the day to clean up before they could open.
I'm sure since this was reported and police had to come to the scene-this helped Pittsburgh's crime rate to go up.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:13 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,910,027 times
What a waste of police resources. It's just a dog!

Old 08-13-2010, 05:15 PM

a dog that could potentially lead the police to an illegal gambling ring (never mind countless other dogs living and dying in misery but hey, that's no big deal). does that make you feel better?

Old 08-13-2010, 05:47 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,910,027 times
Not really.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:41 PM

2,415 posts, read 3,000,283 times
Oh look, idiotic comments from idiots.

Tying a dog to a railing and leaving it is neglect.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:42 PM

2,415 posts, read 3,000,283 times
Also, people who are cruel to animals should be shot in the back of the head and buried in mass graves.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
Not really.
it must be very tough for you to live in a world where people can't brutalize animals without repercussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh