U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 10:16 AM

7,360 posts, read 7,173,430 times
Default dog found dead near crescent apartments

the police are investigating a dog that was found dead on lytle way in wilkinsburg. if anyone knows someone from around there who owns a black adult male pit bull with a white blaze on his chest, please contact the wilkinsburg police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 10:34 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,002,463 times
I hope they find the person who did this and throws him/her in jail. I'm so sick and tired of animal abuse that happens in this region.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:47 AM

11,427 posts, read 13,084,099 times
How do you know it was abuse???

Old 08-12-2010, 08:11 AM

475 posts, read 124,783 times
Dogs die. Old dogs, young dogs, healthy dogs, sick dogs...

Just because a dog died doesn't mean a human had a thing to do with it. It's hot, it's muggy, it's been dry. It could have busted out a window, been a stray, starved, dehydrated, exhausted itself, had rabies, any manner of thing.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
Dogs die. Old dogs, young dogs, healthy dogs, sick dogs...

Just because a dog died doesn't mean a human had a thing to do with it. It's hot, it's muggy, it's been dry. It could have busted out a window, been a stray, starved, dehydrated, exhausted itself, had rabies, any manner of thing.
Neglect= abuse

Sorry , I take a hard stance on animal welfare . I even like animals better than most PEOPLE. But , in case you should ask, no I am not a "furry"

Old 08-12-2010, 10:12 AM

4,760 posts, read 3,129,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
How do you know it was abuse???
Police Search For Owner After Dog Found Hanged In Wilkinsburg - News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh

Old 08-12-2010, 11:59 AM

475 posts, read 124,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondee View Post
Neglect= abuse

Sorry , I take a hard stance on animal welfare . I even like animals better than most PEOPLE. But , in case you should ask, no I am not a "furry"
A dog breaks out of the house, the owners can't find it.

Do you consider this neglect?

Old 08-12-2010, 07:23 PM

I suppose I could see a dog could either jump or dig under a fence. My Great Dane can turn a round doorknob with her nose but she still doesn't have the ability to pick up a key to unlock a door.I don't mean to be a smarta...but I honestly have never heard of a dog breaking out of a house jumping through a glass window.If they do it's because something is wrong like no food or water i.e neglect They also could be in heat but that's why you spay or neuter.A house fire would be another reason a dog would crash through a window although sadly, most news reports I hear the animal perishes in a fire..A well cared for animal just doesn't behave that way for no reason.
The only way an animal would "escape" is if it is made fairly easy for them to do so i.e an open door or window.

If you are the sole parent watching your 3 year old child. You lay down on the sofa while your child plays. You have your front door open to allow the breeze come in. You start to feel yourself drift off to sleep knowing fully well your child can walk outside because your door is open... You awaken with the realization that your child is gone. Do you consider this neglect?
Hint-YES

Old 08-12-2010, 07:28 PM

AWWW!!! that breaks my heart!

Old 08-12-2010, 07:35 PM

164 posts, read 233,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondee View Post
I suppose I could see a dog could either jump or dig under a fence. My Great Dane can turn a round doorknob with her nose but she still doesn't have the ability to pick up a key to unlock a door.I don't mean to be a smarta...but I honestly have never heard of a dog breaking out of a house jumping through a glass window.If they do it's because something is wrong like no food or water i.e neglect They also could be in heat but that's why you spay or neuter.A house fire would be another reason a dog would crash through a window although sadly, most news reports I hear the animal perishes in a fire..A well cared for animal just doesn't behave that way for no reason.
The only way an animal would "escape" is if it is made fairly easy for them to do so i.e an open door or window.

If you are the sole parent watching your 3 year old child. You lay down on the sofa while your child plays. You have your front door open to allow the breeze come in. You start to feel yourself drift off to sleep knowing fully well your child can walk outside because your door is open... You awaken with the realization that your child is gone. Do you consider this neglect?
Hint-YES
Mine eyes they are a rollin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh