Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 10:40 PM
igo

39 posts, read 134,195 times

Advertisements

have you checked craigslist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 10:51 AM

374 posts, read 1,281,164 times
Some of you guys live sheltered lives; this isn’t New Jersey “car jack central. Those kids that stand @ the corner of Franktown and Homewood avenues used to be me and we never plotted on taking anyone’s car.

My family and I usually drive through the nicer neigborhoods too look at the Christmas lights.

What’s the purpose of driving through something so depressing? If you’re driving through just to take a short cut fine but if your going through just to see how “ ghetto “ it is and to teach your kids some sort of lesson than shame on you.

Last edited by mr.davon24; 05-15-2009 at 11:33 AM..

Old 05-15-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Lawrenceville, the stretch between Butler & Stanton to Butler & the 62nd Street Bridge and all those small streets on that end, such as Carnegie and Keystone Streets... Beware, they're TOOTHLESS and DRUG ADDICTED.

The corner of Stanton and N. Negley, in East Liberty, USED TO BE popular too. Don't know if they've cleaned this area up or not.

N. Braddock Avenue in Homewood, USED TO BE another very popular hangout spot for the drug addicted prostitutes. Especially under that bridge near the old Beer World. Again, don't know if they're still hanging out down there or not.

There are quite a few prostitution rings, I'm sure, that you can go to privately, but most of the prostitutes, you see nowadays, on the corners and walking the streets, are feeding their drug habits.

Nah, they're no longer there.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:40 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,036,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.davon24 View Post
Nah, they're no longer there.
That's good to know.

I remember, one time, me and my girls were riding through there on our way to the after hour club, and one of those N. Braddock Avenue prostitutes propositioned US while we were waiting for the light to turn green at the corner of N. Braddock and Hamilton. It was a car full of GIRLS, for Pete's Sake!

Old 05-15-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
That's good to know.

I remember, one time, me and my girls were riding through there on our way to the after hour club, and one of those N. Braddock Avenue prostitutes propositioned US while we were waiting for the light to turn green at the corner of N. Braddock and Hamilton. It was a car full of GIRLS, for Pete's Sake!

sorry but lol. There used to be one with real pretty eyes. It seems like since they have put the new school down there it chased a bunch of rift raft away from down there.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:19 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,036,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.davon24 View Post
sorry but lol. There used to be one with real pretty eyes. It seems like since they have put the new school down there it chased a bunch of rift raft away from down there.
Good! Cuz that area used to be S-E-E-D-Y!!!

I THINK, I know the person you're referring to about the real pretty eyes. SAD.SAD.SAD. Used to go to school with her.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:12 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,598,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_F View Post
I can certainly remember the boom days for Liberty Ave. All XXX, massage parlors, and a lot of "interesting" people. So all the grittiness of Liberty Ave is gone?
You can say that. Now it pretty much is a gayborhood of sorts (four gay bars within a block.)

Old 05-17-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Good! Cuz that area used to be S-E-E-D-Y!!!

I THINK, I know the person you're referring to about the real pretty eyes. SAD.SAD.SAD. Used to go to school with her.

Yeah, I used to live on Susquehanna st( where they have demolished the row houses ) and my school Bus stop used to be at the Corner of N. Braddock and Susquehanna. I used to see her every morning.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,721 times
hill street blues was inspired by san fran, dumb ass

Old 12-12-2010, 03:00 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,826,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis#1 View Post
hill street blues was inspired by san fran, dumb ass
Actually, his ass isn't that dumb. Hill Street Blues is supposed to take place on the Hill District, presumably because Bochco studied playwriting at Tech (CMU). The show that was "inspired by san fran, dumb ass," was The Streets of San Francisco (Karl Malden, Michael Douglas).

Quote:
Show writer Steven Bochco attended college at the Carnegie Institute of Technology (now Carnegie Mellon University) in Pittsburgh. The run-down, shabby, drug-ridden impression of Pittsburgh's Hill District Bochco acquired was apparently part of the inspiration for the show.[3]
Hill Street Blues - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Again Gregory Hoblit explains "People in Baltimore, Detroit, Boston, Philly, all thought it was their city. We purposely did not designate a city: We wanted it to be any big city where there was weather, where you got rain and snow and a sense of urban decay. The Hill itself was named after an area in Pittsburgh: a tough area called the Hill and the precinct there. Bochco had gone to college in Pittsburgh, at Carnegie Mellon".
The Show
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh