U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 08-23-2010, 03:09 PM

7,996 posts, read 6,379,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarisnowday View Post
I would go if it's no more than $15 (and by that, I probably really mean $6, especially if food is standard arena pricing). Oh, I'd also have to be reminded by constant marketing.

It's definitely not bad news though.

Beers cost 7.50 at the Consol. Same as the Pirates, but ya gotta drink to watch the Buccos!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-24-2010, 10:55 AM

3,501 posts, read 2,435,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Beers cost 7.50 at the Consol. Same as the Pirates, but ya gotta drink to watch the Buccos!!!
I would rather spend $30 at a major league pirates game (2 $9 tickets, $12 food) with a beautiful view of the city, and perhaps the chance to enjoy the weather, than $30 at an minor league (if you can even call it that) arena football game (2 $15 tickets, no food)

Unread 08-24-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarisnowday View Post
I would rather spend $30 at a major league pirates game (2 $9 tickets, $12 food) with a beautiful view of the city, and perhaps the chance to enjoy the weather, than $30 at an minor league (if you can even call it that) arena football game (2 $15 tickets, no food)
You're preaching to the choir. I had 2 great seats at 13 bucks a piece since the the stadium opened. Found a place to park for free on the NorTside. I love the game, just hate to see how far the Buccos have fallen.

Unread 08-25-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
You're preaching to the choir. I had 2 great seats at 13 bucks a piece since the the stadium opened. Found a place to park for free on the NorTside. I love the game, just hate to see how far the Buccos have fallen.
Part of me dreads the day they start to do better year after year (if that day even comes). I don't like watching them lose, but I do appreciate being able to afford watching them.

Oddly of the 6 games I've been to, they won 5!

Unread 08-25-2010, 11:52 AM

A good friend of mine has seats at the 3rd level, normally 16 bucks a piece like mine, they lowered them to 9 bucks so he wouldn't cancel.

Unread 03-05-2011, 09:50 AM

65 posts, read 66,196 times
Anyone going next Thursday? A co-worker and I are going to go. Hes from the area so going with him i will be wearing a SOUL shirt to just bug him!!! Ive been to a few games down in Tampa and they arent too bad but i know how the area feels about the STILLERS so not to sure about AFL reception.

The CONSOL is nice. Ive went to the Nuclear Cowboyz and monster truck show and will be at the Princess on Ice tonight and then again next Thursday. Each time I have picked different sections and I must say there isnt a bad seat or sectionas of yet!!

Unread 03-05-2011, 03:50 PM

4 posts, read 5,608 times
I have been thinking of checking them out. May be a nice night out, and enjoyable sports.

Unread 03-06-2011, 08:02 PM

355 posts, read 264,041 times
Arena football is definitely not the NFL, but for an off season football fix it isn't too bad. Sure you won't revolve a whole day around watching a ball game, but going to games isn't too bad. It can be entertaining...

Unread 03-07-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeno View Post
Arena football is definitely not the NFL, but for an off season football fix it isn't too bad. Sure you won't revolve a whole day around watching a ball game, but going to games isn't too bad. It can be entertaining...
That's exactly the niche that it fills, a football fix. Unfortunately for them, other than maybe going once just for the novelty of it, I'll almost always choose a cheaper MLB Pirates game over Arena League Football.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: