U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-25-2010, 01:48 PM

7,522 posts, read 10,411,779 times

Advertisements

Worse yet -- bass travels.

My windows will be rattling and I can clearly hear the bass beat in my house, but when I walk outside, I can't hear anything....

Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 05:37 PM

475 posts, read 134,789 times
TWO huge lifted SUVs just drove by, both running straight pipes and blasting ****ty rap.

Ugh.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:45 PM

2,306 posts, read 4,695,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
TWO huge lifted SUVs just drove by, both running straight pipes and blasting ****ty rap.

Ugh.
So it would have been better if they were blasting heavy metal? Lady Gaga? Opera?

Old 08-25-2010, 07:28 PM

36,357 posts, read 57,087,822 times
I can't remember the last time I heard Lady GaGa or heavy metal or opera pouring forth from a car so loud I could hear it in my living room from half a block away. How about you, MissShona? Does that happen to you a lot? Never happens to me. Now rap, on the other hand... happens on a regular basis. So go ahead and play your "equal opportunity" game, but my experience tells me otherwise.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:00 PM

89 posts, read 145,242 times
Opera is where I draw the line. Those punk victorian ("vickies" we call 'em), think they run this town. Flossin' those powdered wigs and knee high socks. It's enough to make a grown man hurl...
Give me some Cradle Of Filth, Lil' Wayne, Gaga (Ohh la la...) any day

Old 08-25-2010, 08:12 PM

2,306 posts, read 4,695,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I can't remember the last time I heard Lady GaGa or heavy metal or opera pouring forth from a car so loud I could hear it in my living room from half a block away. How about you, MissShona? Does that happen to you a lot? Never happens to me. Now rap, on the other hand... happens on a regular basis. So go ahead and play your "equal opportunity" game, but my experience tells me otherwise.
Actually I don't hear any type of music from 1/2 a block away. But yes, I've heard loud music from cars and homes of ALL types.....including one time when I left for work at 7am and a neighbor was blasting Frank Sinatra from her open living room window. Also in Miami Latinos blast music all day long. There is no escaping it. Bachata anyone?

Old 08-25-2010, 08:20 PM

9,674 posts, read 8,559,568 times
Apparently, the key to making the ladies' panties drop is to make your car sound as flatulent as possible, whether by stereo or by exhaust tip (or both).

Old 08-25-2010, 08:30 PM

275 posts, read 386,348 times
This made me think of a crazy old guy I knew. I use to help him with his yard work. He was a WW II vet, and in the war he was a forward artillery observer. He owned a large piece of property and there was a trailer court bordering his property. They started playing loud music and so he decided he would have a candle shoot at night. As he explained it, you light some candles and from about a hundred yards away try to shoot out the flame. He would fire his 30-06 right on the property border. Once he told me shot out a snowmobile. They were riding on his property and he shot out the engine. I asked if they knew he did this and he said they just thought it stopped running.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:56 PM

475 posts, read 134,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
So it would have been better if they were blasting heavy metal? Lady Gaga? Opera?
No, but they weren't blasting heavy metal, Lady Gaga, or opera. It was ****ty rap.

Were it one of your suggestions, that would be what I complained about.

Also, just in case you were trying to suggest I'm racist, both of the drivers were whiter than me. And I'm about half Irish.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:25 PM

4,037 posts, read 3,168,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo6 View Post
I agree, but I might suggest moving up a little to something like a .338 win. mag.
It's hard to find Silver-tipped Romanian surplus in that caliber though!

(I bought this cheap at a gun show and couldn't stop laughing at the fact that romanian surplus ammo was silver-tipped. (I'm sure i was just silver colored metal, or even paint, but still.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh