U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 10:06 PM

3,945 posts, read 3,572,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I've never been there, but a friend brought me a half dozen of their cupcakes once, and I didn't care for them. Don't remember why, really, but this friend and I have very different tastes in food.
I work near the Waterworks Mall so I always hear some people rave about the cakes and baked goods they get there so I was surprised it wasn't added.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 10:25 PM

12,344 posts, read 13,952,689 times
Everytime i go to Canada or New England i eat Breakfast and sometimes Lunch at Tim Hortons. There timbits are tasty i get a box of those. I like there soup in a bread bowl. I know people form the Burgh will fall in love with Tim Hortons. A Few months ago they opened some stores in NYC , so i no longer have to go to New England to get my fix.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:16 PM

3,191 posts, read 3,970,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
FINALLY!!! I love their donuts and breakfast food. I've been to Tim Horton's in Toronto, Niagara Falls, Montreal, and Quebec City. Way better than McDonalds and could never understand why they had restaurants in Wheeling and Wierton but not here in the city. I hope they are very successful here in Western PA.
Tim Horton's is quite a hang out in Canada. I visited them on a regular basis when I lived in Erie, not for their donuts, but for their great breakfast sandwiches and other sandwiches. Great coffee too!

My heart skipped a few beats when I saw the title of this post, because I've spoke with some of their members of district management trying to get an idea if they will establish themselves down here. We went to the first Paul McCartney show and was amazed when we saw them serving their coffee. Here's hoping we get a few down here.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:29 AM

859 posts, read 1,394,651 times
There is no Tim Hortons in Weirton, WV. Tudor's Biscuit World is there, though. The closest Tim Hortons from Downtown are:

Steubenville, OH - I've been to this one. It's actually coupled with a Coldstone Creamery inside, as well.
Calcutta, OH
Wheeling, WV

I've been to many Tim's and they're decent...I'd be glad to see them make a [small] presence in Pittsburgh. They're just like any other chain of this type, though... Dunkin Donuts has more donut choices, Panera has more sandwich/soup choices, and Starbucks has more coffee choices.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Tim Horton's is quite a hang out in Canada. I visited them on a regular basis when I lived in Erie, not for their donuts, but for their great breakfast sandwiches and other sandwiches. Great coffee too!

My heart skipped a few beats when I saw the title of this post, because I've spoke with some of their members of district management trying to get an idea if they will establish themselves down here. We went to the first Paul McCartney show and was amazed when we saw them serving their coffee. Here's hoping we get a few down here.
I've always hoped Tim Horton's would come to Pittsburgh once I tried them when I went to Canada a few years ago. I always thought that if Tim Horton's could do well in Erie, Buffalo, and Columbus it would definitely do well in Pittsburgh. They should probably start advertising in the area now so that people who aren't familiar with the brand can learn about them.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:40 PM

5,020 posts, read 3,386,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
I work near the Waterworks Mall so I always hear some people rave about the cakes and baked goods they get there so I was surprised it wasn't added.
What do you like from the Oakmont Bakery?

Old 09-17-2010, 08:28 PM

2,415 posts, read 2,996,161 times
It makes no sense they're just now barely coming here. Tim Horton was a freaking Penguin! And a Hornet.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:30 PM

296 posts, read 320,581 times
It's a chain restaurant...that happens to be from Canada. I would be more excited if Carl's Jr. were here instead of Hardee's.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
What do you like from the Oakmont Bakery?
I think I got a cake from there once. It was really good but I don't really go there since it's a fairly far drive from Lawrenceville when there are closer places.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:42 PM

1,758 posts, read 2,437,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimacista View Post
It's a chain restaurant...that happens to be from Canada. I would be more excited if Carl's Jr. were here instead of Hardee's.
Ah, Carl's Jr. IS Hardees. They are one and the same.

http://www.hardees.com/#/on-tv-now/h...-50th-birthday

http://www.carlsjr.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh