Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:03 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovyman1127 View Post
FYI - it was nicknamed "will kill yins burg" for a reason.... My brother is a cop near this area. And, anyone who owns a police scanner will tell you the 2 places you hear the most calls from in the Pittsburgh area are Wilkinsburg and Homewood.
A friend of mine JUST rode past, a bus stop in Wilkinsburg, and saw a man laying there dead (shot up). The bus stop across from Graham Field. The police and ambulances hadn't even arrived yet. Something is going on in Wilkinsburg, and I think all these recent shootings and murders are connected. I heard Channel 4 got to the scene first, so it may have made the noon news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 10:27 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,018,179 times
Early reporting:

One dead in Wilkinsburg shootings

Despite the allegations above, this pace of shootings is not actually normal for Wilkinsburg. So I agree something out of the ordinary seems to be happening.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:44 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Someone just got stabbed in Mt. Lebanon today.

Doesn't matter where you live.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:12 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,612,185 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, there are some nice advantages to Wilkinsburg...you never really need air conditioning because the bullet holes in your home act as a ventilation system for your entire family. And, the taxes are low because there is an unusually low population (because of everyone either going to jail or getting whacked).
lol... That's actually pretty funny even though it doesn't make much sense. Avoiding the whole of Wilkinsburg because of crime is like avoiding all of Pittsburgh because of Homewood... completely stupid!

I wouldn't touch inner Wilkinsburg with a 10 foot pool, but Wilkinsburg near Black Ridge or Regent Square seems perfectly livable. I guarantee if there were better schooling options, Black Ridge and Regent Square would be booming like Cranberry before the recession.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:13 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,612,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Early reporting:

Despite the allegations above, this pace of shootings is not actually normal for Wilkinsburg. So I agree something out of the ordinary seems to be happening.
Well, duh

If it was hot out and summer vacation, I would guess juvenile-delinquent high-school kids with summer fever, but with this weather... war over drug turf... obviously.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:33 PM

34 posts, read 72,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Early reporting:

There is a shooting and/or major police incident every 2-3 days in Wilkinsburg...to compare this to Mt. Lebo or any other Pitt suburb save for Homewood is silly.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Someone just got stabbed in Mt. Lebanon today.

Yeah, I know that that Mt. Lebo police dept has to deal with allllll those kinds of calls just like Wilkinsburg.

Oh wait....they don't....

Old 10-04-2010, 07:45 PM

2,869 posts, read 5,137,197 times
Quote:
There is a shooting and/or major police incident every 2-3 days in Wilkinsburg...to compare this to Mt. Lebo or any other Pitt suburb save for Homewood is silly.
I guess that after seeing your nick, I feel compelled to reply that the devil is definitely in the details..

Old 10-04-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
I guess that after seeing your nick, I feel compelled to reply that the devil is definitely in the details..
Google "Wilkinsburg shooting" and tell me how many hits you get...

Old 10-04-2010, 07:51 PM

398 posts, read 702,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Sure, so long as it "doesn't matter" whether you end up with a "small cut on your hand" or slaughtered on the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh