Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 07:08 PM

191 posts, read 602,022 times
Fast runner.. Private message me and we can talk about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 07:55 PM

3 posts, read 3,748 times
Ok.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:40 PM

Still waiting for the approval on the state gaming permit. Its supposed to only take 2 weeks but it's been a month! I can't start without it. I still have to give my 2 week notice at my current job and then find a place there, then move. All before my lease ends here on Feb. 1st... Tight-Rope walking here. Are they slow out there is Harrisburg? lol

Old 01-14-2011, 03:35 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Harrisburg is in a fairly rural area compared to Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. Add the government-worker mentality and getting something done probably takes as long as in the deep South.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Harrisburg is in a fairly rural area compared to Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. Add the government-worker mentality and getting something done probably takes as long as in the deep South.

Yea I remember being in that area for a hotel stay when I went to Hershey park a while back, its like a time warp there, or the twilight zone, really weird people.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:05 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnThaGrind View Post
Yea I remember being in that area for a hotel stay when I went to Hershey park a while back, its like a time warp there, or the twilight zone, really weird people.
Famous James Carville quote: "Pennsylvania is Philadelphia on one side, Pittsburgh on the other, and Alabama in between." Love it. So true.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:16 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
Famous James Carville quote: "Pennsylvania is Philadelphia on one side, Pittsburgh on the other, and Alabama in between." Love it. So true.
Yeah, a lot of stupid people living in Penn State. Never liked that quote.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
One of my supervisors from a few years ago td me that quote.. He was born and raised in Philly. There's definitely some truth to that lol.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:07 AM

354 posts, read 475,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Yeah, a lot of stupid people living in Penn State. Never liked that quote.
Are you implying that people in Alabama are stupid? (hah!). I think it's more broad than that, meaning more about the way of life, political, social values, etc. The analogy somewhat aligns for other reasons (but not "ya'll") if not talking about intelligence at all. That being said, I never heard that quote (or "Pennsyltucky") intended as a compliment, and intent is all that matters, so I don't care for it either.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:11 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
Are you implying that people in Alabama are stupid? (hah!). I think it's more broad than that, meaning more about the way of life, political, social values, etc. The analogy somewhat aligns for other reasons (but not "ya'll") if not talking about intelligence at all. That being said, I never heard that quote (or "Pennsyltucky") intended as a compliment, and intent is all that matters, so I don't care for it either.
Not at all, but I think the quote does. People tend to generalize about Central Pennsylvania as being backwards, I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh