Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 10:25 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,951,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
If Palin runs, the Repubs will only prove how stupid they are, again.
Hahahaha, this from a party that elected Obama! lol How's that workin' for ya?!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 10:29 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
Hahahaha, this from a party that elected Obama! lol How's that workin' for ya?!!!
Yeah, life long conservative, and part time Republican. Last two presidential elections I voted for the Democratic party. We should have never gone into Iraq, and the Repubs should have never put that Bimbo on the ticket.

Doesn't matter, both parties are made up of pimps and hookers.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:45 PM

4,599 posts, read 6,717,871 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter, both parties are made up of pimps and hookers.
Cosign.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:50 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
I grew up in this area, small blue collar town. Everyone was a Democrat, none were liberal. All they wanted was either a union or govt job. Wasn't until I got older that I realized what a liberal democrat was.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:15 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,629,899 times
Hi Yac!

Old 12-23-2010, 02:55 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
The Northeast is...
Liberal in the Suburban and Urban areas
and
Conservative in the Rural areas....
New England is Social Liberal and Financially Conservative outside the larger cities...

Old 12-23-2010, 06:46 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,891,632 times
Quote:
How original.

Who writes your dialogue, Quinn or Rose?

Old 12-23-2010, 06:49 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Much, much better, thank you for asking. If anyone in Pittsburgh is complaining about the current president, I think they are just too stubborn to admit they were VERY wrong in not voting for him. We have had more action and press in this city due to several visits from Obama and several global events happen here. The G-20 was great for our small city. We showed Seattle how to have such a meeting. 2010 World Environment Day was chosen for our town. It was a huge honor for us considering most still view us as some smoke filled dump. People haven't any idea how important that is to our city's reputation on a global sense. It might mean nothing to some people, but to those of us that actually interact with other countries, it meant a lot. Rooney as ambassador to Ireland was also nice. We actually are on the map now. Thank you Mr. Obama.

Now lets look at when bush was president. Nothing happened in Pittsburgh. He got us into a war that we were lied to about several times for why we got into it, lost countless lives and costing amazing amounts of money. Oh, I recall the war would pay for itself. Yeah, right. What about letting banks loan money to anyone that had NO equity in their homes to try and keep the economy going until the next election. Are people really okay with all this stuff. Haliburton that had no competition in Iraq? Who ran that company? Oh lets just look the other way and say that was okay. Are people kidding me??? Doesn't anyone read anything?

Obama is the most moderate president in years and years. He is hated for interesting reasons, including people that hate blacks, but if you listen to him and watch his actions, you have to come to the conclusion he is a moderate. Some say he is too moderate, but those are people that are actually reading and watching what he does and not just listening to the likes of Beck and Rush.

Oh, thanks for asking by the way.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:18 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,152,053 times
Quote:
I grew up in this area, small blue collar town. Everyone was a Democrat, none were liberal. All they wanted was either a union or govt job. Wasn't until I got older that I realized what a liberal democrat was.
I know a ton of Democrats and people who always vote Democrat and I would consider very few of them to have anything in common with the Democrats you see in SF, NYC, LA, etc. Bill Clinton summed it up nicely about Democrats like Altmire and Critz "Why does the GOP have a problem with them; they're practically republicans".

Old 12-23-2010, 07:20 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,152,053 times
Quote:
Way better than with Bush and please enlighten us on how much better McCain
would have been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh