U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 10:00 AM

11,109 posts, read 7,221,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
The Steelers (I better duck)
If they win today, you can duck. If the lose everyone will just agree they are a horrible team and should get rid of everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 10:21 AM

1,558 posts, read 1,447,689 times
This is easy to answer....Primanti Bros. I don't agree Sharp Edge is overrated...it's just expensive. There's a difference imo.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:26 AM

4,262 posts, read 3,902,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Hey, yinz from Baltimore or sumpin'?
Nope. Just don't like seeing them on the news every five minutes. I also don't care for the fact that people get in a bad mood when they lose. Just a game!!!

Old 01-23-2011, 10:30 AM

783 posts, read 878,280 times
Not a huge fan of Primanti's either. I much prefer Peppi's for sandwiches!

Old 01-23-2011, 01:37 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,230,417 times
Nakama, though it is good for checking out hot women while eating a slice at Grotto. Burma Tokyo is way better and costs pennies on the dollar compared to Nakama.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:40 PM

4,618 posts, read 3,008,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
Nope. Just don't like seeing them on the news every five minutes. I also don't care for the fact that people get in a bad mood when they lose. Just a game!!!
When we went to Trader Joe today, practically all the employees were wearing Steelers jerseys. I asked our cashier if they were forced to wear them. He said no, but there was only one guy sans Steelerstuff, and he was a "team leader." Maybe if it were black and some other color than that nasty, ugly gold, I wouldn't mind, but between that and the mental takeover of nearly the entire citizenry, I just want to stay in on "game day," at least before the game starts. I have a movie to watch tonight, plus I'm going to watch last week's episode of Brothers and Sisters online at 10:00.

I could understand it if all of these people were actually playing in the game, but just for watching, I don't get it.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:42 PM

441 posts, read 369,905 times
Fallingwater.

Yeah, I said it. I'm sure it's interesting for those who are seriously into architecture, but for the rest of us, it's just an odd house out in the middle of nowhere. It doesn't deserve the "omg EVERYONE needs to see this before they die" reputation that it has.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:50 PM

4,618 posts, read 3,008,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirade View Post
Fallingwater.

Yeah, I said it. I'm sure it's interesting for those who are seriously into architecture, but for the rest of us, it's just an odd house out in the middle of nowhere. It doesn't deserve the "omg EVERYONE needs to see this before they die" reputation that it has.
Maybe you just don't care about architecture. I do, and mid-century architecture in particular, but I've never thought of Fallingwater as being something "omg EVERYONE needs to see ... before they die."

I don't think EVERYONE ought to do EVERYTHING, or be made to believe they ought to by ANYONE.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:51 PM

441 posts, read 369,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Maybe you just don't care about architecture. I do, and mid-century architecture in particular, but I've never thought of Fallingwater as being something "omg EVERYONE needs to see ... before they die."

I don't think EVERYONE ought to do EVERYTHING, or be made to believe they ought to by ANYONE.
Congrats, you're an exception. Especially around these boards.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:07 PM

315 posts, read 397,525 times
i meant that pittsburgh is a ****ty city to cycle in and i hate that people force me to share the road with them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh