Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 01:48 PM

277 posts, read 694,217 times

Advertisements

Check out these photos... Steelers has replaced Cowboys in the end zone and the famous star on the 50 yard line in pic 2 has been replaced by the NFL logo

NFL: Record-breaking crowd expected for North Texas Super Bowl | Super Bowl Top Stories | Lat... (http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/01/27/2802223/nfl-record-breaking-crowd-expected.html - broken link)

Also, ESPN the Magazine's invitation only NEXT party for celebs and athletes is at River Ranch in the FW Stockyards is on Friday but at the same venue on Saturday ESPN is having a massive free (open to the public) tailgating party from noon til 5pm... and before you ask - yes, we all drive cars like this.

The Party Buzz: NEXT Big Tailgate « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 02:15 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,047,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwjeff View Post
Check out these photos... Steelers has replaced Cowboys in the end zone and the famous star on the 50 yard line in pic 2 has been replaced by the NFL logo

NFL: Record-breaking crowd expected for North Texas Super Bowl | Super Bowl Top Stories | Lat... (http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/01/27/2802223/nfl-record-breaking-crowd-expected.html - broken link)
They misspelled the name of the team - we call them the "Stealers".

Old 01-27-2011, 02:43 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,469,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
They misspelled the name of the team - we call them the "Stealers".
Why? We earn every trophy we receive.

Should we call you the Cryboys?

Old 01-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,990,749 times
I heard a 50-ish sports talk radio host here saying this week that this matchup was the absolute worst case scenario he could come up with for a pair of Super Bowl teams in the Cowboys stadium. He was a big Tom Landry fan who hasn't forgiven team owner Jerry Jones for the way he pushed Landry out as coach.

BTW, Jerry Jones has said publicly that he thinks the matchup is wonderful.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:46 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,732,405 times
Quote:

Also, ESPN the Magazine's invitation only NEXT party for celebs and athletes is at River Ranch in the FW Stockyards is on Friday but at the same venue on Saturday ESPN is having a massive free (open to the public) tailgating party from noon til 5pm... and before you ask - yes, we all drive cars like this.

The Party Buzz: NEXT Big Tailgate « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

The Steelers were the ONE team that Cowboys fans did NOT want in the Super Bowl and especially NOT in Cowboys Stadium.

Darn, I gotta go get my longhorns tacked on my grill of my truck. Gotta make sure we all have trucks and jacked up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
I heard a 50-ish sports talk radio host here saying this week that this matchup was the absolute worst case scenario he could come up with for a pair of Super Bowl teams in the Cowboys stadium. He was a big Tom Landry fan who hasn't forgiven team owner Jerry Jones for the way he pushed Landry out as coach.

BTW, Jerry Jones has said publicly that he thinks the matchup is wonderful.
Leading up to the last round of playoffs it was all over the news here in the DFW area that the two teams most wanted for the best financial benefit were the Jets and the Eagles.

Jerry is blowing smoke. He darn well knows that he wanted the other two teams in there for his own financial benefit.

Oh, and blame Bum Bright too for what happened to Laundry. He was the one that SHOULD have told Laundry that he was selling the team and that the new owner was hiring a new coach.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:36 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,847,026 times
Quote:

and before you ask - yes, we all drive cars like this.
LOL!! How do you parallel park one of those things? My luck would be after putting money in th meter I would step around my car and OUCH!... gore myself!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:43 AM

277 posts, read 694,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondee View Post
LOL!! How do you parallel park one of those things? My luck would be after putting money in th meter I would step around my car and OUCH!... gore myself!
LOL! Yes... you have to be careful about that and when you honk your horn it plays "The stars at night are big and bright.... deep in the heart of Texas"

Speaking of meters... in case anyone is driving to ESPN etc. most parking around Sundance Square is free after 5:00 weekdays and free on weekends...

Also, it is supposed to be sunny and 72 today here but they are calling for ice & snow on Tuesday with highs in the 30's and lows in the teens... Let's hope it warms back up before the big game or those 5000 people that paid $200 for a party pass to stand outside the stadium in the elements and watch the game on big TV's will be uncomfortable. Jerry Jones has to break the attendance record.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:42 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,112,650 times
Who cares about Tom Landry or about Texas in general on the Pittsburgh forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh