Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 11:55 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
I should really get into the habit of including Millvale in my "Hipster Belt". Like Polish Hill, it is a little away from most of the action, but I still think it falls generally into that area.
I don't think I could include it. It has potential and some really interesting places. That modern furniture place called, Jerry Kitman's is over-the-top!! Makes Perlora look tame. Then the bakery is the best in the burgh. The bar selection isn't the best, but okay. Not the same feel as Lawrenceville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 02:00 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,003,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Not the same feel as Lawrenceville.
It doesn't have to be identical to Lawrenceville to qualify--although I would suggest there are parts of Lawrenceville which are more similar to Millvale than others anyway.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:09 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
It doesn't have to be identical to Lawrenceville to qualify--although I would suggest there are parts of Lawrenceville which are more similar to Millvale than others anyway.
I realize it doesn't have to be the same, but saying "artsy" would be a stretch. It is more of a work'in man's phd kind of place whereas Lawrenceville has an eclectic crowd. More of a mixed bag. Millvale does have a skateboard park, Mr. Smalls funhouse and some really cool shops. Has a very good beer distributer if you like imports and has a nice riverside park. It is dirt cheap to live there and very close to the city. On the other hand it can flood.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:25 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,003,811 times
I already know of students and artists who have lived in Millvale, so it isn't all blue collar. All of these places are a mix to some extent--the exact portions may vary, of course.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:46 PM

1,901 posts, read 4,377,333 times
I comprised a list that may help you
Central Oakland- mainly student housing
North Oakland- may not fit budget Idk
Polish Hill your buget may be to cheap... I don't live there so Idk
Bloomfield- not a big party scene
Lower Larwanceville- most of the youngins live in that part of L'ville ... Also, it's close to the Strip
Greenfield- kinda old, white, blue collar with no party scene but young live with old
Southside Flats & Slopes, - has lots of fun... Idk abot housing though

If you can stand a bit more Urban- Part ofGarfield- only rent/buy close to Penn Ave. Do not buy/rent any further than a few streets of Penn Ave people your age may be Memers Of Bloods.
Part of Bluff- close to Duquense University
Part of Mt. Washington- may not fit buget
Part of Upper & Central Larwanceville
Part of Central Northside- not big party scene, but young people live there
Part of East Allegheny- not big party scene, but young people live there
Part of South Oakland- there's a mainly stundent side (close to Pitt) and then turf of the SOC, South Oakland Cripz. They seem target/ and specialize on collage students
Part of Hazelwood- only the northern 2/8s (close to Pitt/Oakland) or else you'll find out peole your age are either with the Zoo Crew Cripz or the Greenfield Park Crips

Old 02-04-2011, 06:14 AM

15 posts, read 33,565 times
thanks Uptown Kid that was awesome.
another thing im concerned about, is i don't have any credit. I don't have bed credit, i just haven't built any yet. is that going to cause a problem for me to find an apartment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh