U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-05-2011, 07:05 PM

9 posts, read 14,632 times
Default Looking for room/apartment in march/april

Hi,

I am a 25yo german medical student coming to Pittsburgh for an internship. I am still looking for a nice 1/2br-apartment/studio which I could lease from feb, 28 (or earlier) to april, 24th.
It would be great if it is furnished and if there is internet and laundry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 08:19 PM

1,758 posts, read 2,329,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlinerina View Post
Hi,

I am a 25yo german medical student coming to Pittsburgh for an internship. I am still looking for a nice 1/2br-apartment/studio which I could lease from feb, 28 (or earlier) to april, 24th.
It would be great if it is furnished and if there is internet and laundry.
Pittsburgh - Carnegie, Overview - Extended Stay America

Call for the monthly rates. They will be signifigantly less expensive per night than the nightly rate posted. It will be difficult, although maybe not impossible, to rent from a private owner for only two months. What is your budget?

Old 02-06-2011, 01:38 AM

Well, that is way to expensive. For a 1br I wouldnt want to spend more than 700, for a 2br not more than 1100...
I have already lived in Pittsburgh a few times and I always found a good place to stay, but this time it seems to be so hard to find something.
There is really nothing on craigslist...

Old 02-06-2011, 06:20 AM

2,501 posts, read 2,005,306 times
Check out Squirrel Hill.. go online and search in your price range

Old 02-06-2011, 08:10 AM

I already went online and looked for places the problem is just that is very hard to find something for such a short time under 1000$!

Old 02-06-2011, 10:02 AM

4,607 posts, read 3,000,424 times
Doesn't Pitt or UPMC have some kind of housing office? I know CMU does.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:38 AM

9,879 posts, read 9,233,176 times
Yeah, traditional apartment rentals don't work for so short a time (two months). There are companies that specialize in short-term furnished housing, but they're generally geared towards business users and thus are in newer, fancier apartment complexes and aren't inexpensive. You'd still be paying well over $1000/month.

There are a few listings for shared rentals on Craigslist; whether even these folks would want to get into an arrangement where they know you'll only be there for two months, I don't know. http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/sub/ Plus it isn't likely to have furniture in your bedroom.

An office that could help with housing would seem logical, but I certainly don't know for sure that they have one.

The extended stay hotels are generally a cheaper way to get short-term housing (but still not cheap, still $1000/month for one I know of) but they're not convenient to, well, to presumably Oakland area though you didn't say where the internship is. It doesn't do much good to save on the rental if you end up needing a car to get around because that savings would evaporate fast.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:40 AM

yes, i checked craiglist... well, lets hope i will find something once i am there it might be easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh