U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 01:13 PM

357 posts, read 512,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swisswoman View Post
Gymkhana actually sounds very good. With "sport" I simply meant exercise. The Kinder Kinetics also looks good, but we are not looking for a summer session or whatever those things are called. I have to say, this has puzzled us for a long time. All the daycares start in fall and before there is this session and that session - I am confused...
KinderKinetics isn't a daycare (a daycare provides childcare during the entire day while parents work) --- in the summer it is a 4 day/week morning summer camp that they run in two 3 week sessions. The nice thing about it is that they take 3 year olds, and they have a swimming program that you don't have spend $$$ on to join a YMCA or JCC to use. Also, it is on the Pitt campus (Trees Hall) and that is close to Highland Park.

In the Fall and Spring KinderKinetics runs once a week on Saturday morning for 10 weeks. So, if you don't want a 4 day/week camp format, wait for fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 01:15 PM

3,297 posts, read 2,815,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swisswoman View Post
thanks Rob! As you can see, I am not sure yet of the Pittsburgh landscape...
No problem. Not walking distance but only about 10-15 minutes or so by car. We live in O'Hara and have taken the Gymkana class in Point Breeze. It wasn't for us but others liked it. Basically, it seems as if girls and their parents liked it more than the boys. The girls would all get dressed up in gymnastic outfits and the boys would wear sweat pants.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:37 PM

357 posts, read 512,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrobrob View Post
We live in O'Hara and have taken the Gymkana class in Point Breeze. It wasn't for us but others liked it. Basically, it seems as if girls and their parents liked it more than the boys. The girls would all get dressed up in gymnastic outfits and the boys would wear sweat pants.
In the 3-5 age range I found it fine for either gender. My son definitely was into the tumble track, trampoline, zip line, and any of the "blowups" that they put out from time to time. We kind of tailed out with it once the kids started first grade as it didn't fit well with our schedule anymore.

But, as it was pointed out, at age 3 your options are somewhat limited...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh