Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 06:02 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,070,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
famous daves is open
Where is this?

Quote:
ihop rocks as well as sonic!!! any mention of where locations are going to be put?
I believe the first one opening in the Pittsburgh market will be at Robinson Town Center if I heard correctly. IHOP is planning on opening 12 restaurants in the Pittsburgh market over the next 9 years - more than 1 per year. All I know about Sonic's is that one is going in at Pittsburgh Mills (also rumor has it an IHOP is ALSO going in at Pittsburgh Mills, so that makes 2)

Quote:
they are checkers/rally(the burger place)
Wonder why we have no Checkers - the folks in Florida eat that place up. Go figure. (PS - I'm in Florida for the summer)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 10:17 PM

101 posts, read 353,560 times
Famous Daves is on McKnight Road north of the Ross Park Mall. I heard the first Sonic will be the Pittsburgh Mills one, but it's possible they could open one in Robinson first.
Checkers is horrible. I'm glad we don't have one here. I don't like very much fast food though, but Sonic isn't bad.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:
I heard the first Sonic will be the Pittsburgh Mills one, but it's possible they could open one in Robinson first
IHOP is heading to Robinson First
Sonic's is heading to Pittsburgh Mills First (although I also hear an IHOP is going up there, too)

Old 07-29-2007, 12:57 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
DH got food poinsoning in an IHOP in Champaign, IL. Won't darken their door again, anywhere, and it left a bad taste in my mouth, too (no pun intended).
I think IHOP is expensive and over rated... the only good thing is the pot of coffee they put on the table.

We're pretty much local diner/coffee shop types... lately our fav is a little hole in the wall called Anna's... and they know us now and keep that coffee cup filled....

We;re seriously addicted to the Food Networks "Diners, Dives and Drive-ins" -- now that's good food...

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives: TV: Food Network

Old 07-30-2007, 04:53 AM

136 posts, read 691,400 times
famous daves is in the waterfront or whatever in homestead

checkers is in philly and in nj...don't know why they don't make it to pitt. It's horrible? maybe that's cause you don't like fast food?

ihop has plenty of variety that at a solid price. I like mom and pop places plenty but ihop is awesome.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:45 AM

77 posts, read 286,002 times
If you like Famous Dave's check out Red Hot & Blue. It's a DC-area chain that is now located in the Waterfront in Homestead. They have great BBQ, and hush puppies to die for! I was tickled pink to see that they now have a Pittsburgh location.

IHOP is a great place for pancakes (duh!) but I have found their other breakfast offerings lacking. My favorite breakfast chain in Pittsburgh is Eat n' Park. I *love* the potato pancakes you can get instead of home fries.

Now, if they would only open a Cheeburger Cheeburger in Pittsburgh I'd be in heaven. I see they are looking for Pittsburgh franchisees so this will be a dream come true soon, I hope.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:01 AM

Quote:
I *love* the potato pancakes you can get instead of home fries.
You and me both!!! And I dip them in either a little ranch or sour cream.

*drooool*

My boyfriend and I go to Sq. Hill for their Friday night or Saturday night midnight buffet almost every week and I LOAD up on those potato pancakes.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:02 AM

You know after all this retail frenzy, Ken Cole could NOT make it in Pittsburgh at SouthSide Works. Maybe the timing was just not right.

I miss you Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh