U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 04-18-2011, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
783 posts, read 920,312 times
Reputation: 374

Advertisements

Been a year since our last visit! We plan to arrive around lunch time on Friday and leave Monday morning to head back to NC for T ball practice at 5:30.

We haven't taken the kids to the Aviary before so that is on our list for Saturday and then weather dependent we are going to the Pirates game on Sunday afternoon but our back up date is Saturday evening.

Has anyone ever been to a Pirates game when they let the kids on the field after the game?

I plan to stroll around the Strip Friday when we arrive. The kids always enjoy the fresh fish tanks at Wholey's and the interesting street finds and of course the FOOD!

Anything new or different we might consider? Kids are 3 and almost 5. Will prob take them up to the Incline since the 3 yr old won't remember last yrs visit. Last year was the Zoo and walking around Oakland/Pitt with the dinosaurs and The O.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-18-2011, 09:13 AM
gg
 
Location: Pittsburgh
11,556 posts, read 7,801,198 times
Reputation: 4013
The Strip starts closing down around 6:30 on Friday if memory serves.

Have a nice visit!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2011, 09:39 AM
 
Location: Swisshelm Park
435 posts, read 432,529 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by alise007 View Post
Has anyone ever been to a Pirates game when they let the kids on the field after the game?
Yes, our kids (they're 7 and 4) have run the bases a couple of times and seem to enjoy it. The only bad part is waiting in line after the game to do it. If you're a member of the Bucco kids club (this costs extra) you get to line up near the playground area at the right field gate and go first. For others, the line starts on the concourse behind the right field seats and stretches as far as it needs to to accommodate everyone. In reality you only wait about 15 or 20 minutes and it moves fast once it starts, but it can feel like longer depending on the kids' moods. They rope off all of the grass areas, you walk in along the first base warning track, the kids are sent around the bases, and you meet them near the 3rd base dugout and are directed out through the seating area.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2011, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
783 posts, read 920,312 times
Reputation: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter_rej View Post
Yes, our kids (they're 7 and 4) have run the bases a couple of times and seem to enjoy it. The only bad part is waiting in line after the game to do it. If you're a member of the Bucco kids club (this costs extra) you get to line up near the playground area at the right field gate and go first. For others, the line starts on the concourse behind the right field seats and stretches as far as it needs to to accommodate everyone. In reality you only wait about 15 or 20 minutes and it moves fast once it starts, but it can feel like longer depending on the kids' moods. They rope off all of the grass areas, you walk in along the first base warning track, the kids are sent around the bases, and you meet them near the 3rd base dugout and are directed out through the seating area.
Thanks so much for that info--very helpful!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2011, 05:22 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, USA
3,134 posts, read 5,750,341 times
Reputation: 1033
Did you go to Phipps when you were in Oakland?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2011, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
783 posts, read 920,312 times
Reputation: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
Did you go to Phipps when you were in Oakland?
We haven't been since before my daughter was born. I am saving that for another trip! I don't think the butterflies will be out yet which is a big hit for the kids. Well they do start that weekend --if we have extra time that will work!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top