U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 05:12 PM

2,043 posts, read 3,171,591 times
....also, people need to learn how to RESPECT THE CHAIR!

Unless you don't want your car to be egg'd (and trust me when I tell you, that's the minimal punishment on my street), you should RESPECT THE CHAIR!

Old 05-02-2011, 05:20 PM

1,152 posts, read 742,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post

Unless you don't want your car to be egg'd (and trust me when I tell you, that's the minimal punishment on my street), you should RESPECT THE CHAIR!
Do you think people like myself, who will remove your ILLEGALLY placed chair, aren't observant enough to not notice which house its sitting in front of? Which do you think is more expensive to fix: damage to a car or damage to your home? As a homeowner myself let me tell you that the person living in the structure has exponentially more to lose. If you're renting its going to **** your landlord off when he has to replace a broken window in the middle of the winter, IF he feels like replacing it quickly in the first place.

Unless there's a pile of snow and you spent hours digging your spot out, you need to quit being lazy and deal with the parking situation like everyone else on your block. If you're physically challenged have the city put a handicapped spot in front of your place. If one of my lazy former neighbors can arrange to get one I'm sure that you can too.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-tip motha View Post
Do you think people like myself, who will remove your ILLEGALLY placed chair, aren't observant enough to not notice which house its sitting in front of? Which do you think is more expensive to fix: damage to a car or damage to your home? As a homeowner myself let me tell you that the person living in the structure has exponentially more to lose. If you're renting its going to **** your landlord off when he has to replace a broken window in the middle of the winter, IF he feels like replacing it quickly in the first place.

Unless there's a pile of snow and you spent hours digging your spot out, you need to quit being lazy and deal with the parking situation like everyone else on your block. If you're physically challenged have the city put a handicapped spot in front of your place. If one of my lazy former neighbors can arrange to get one I'm sure that you can too.
You feel some type of WAY about 'THE CHAIR', huh? LMAO.....

Old 05-02-2011, 05:36 PM

1,152 posts, read 742,661 times
Quote:
You feel some type of WAY about 'THE CHAIR', huh? LMAO.....
I feel 'some type of WAY' about people who are lazy and would damage the property of others after they illegally block the road with their own.

If you need the spot because you're physically challenged, contact the city and have them give you a handicapped license/spot in front of your house.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's not ridiculous and if you move here, remember, that it is a Pittsburgh standard.

You can be the jagoff who moves into a new place and wants to change it or you can assimilate to the local customs.

This is not NJ. If you want NJ rules, perhaps you should stay there.

Then why not move back to Virginia?
Pittsburgh would be a better place if people assimilated instead of bucking the established system.

See comment above but exchange NoVA for NJ.
How did I miss this post? I wholeheartedly CO-SIGN every word!

RESPECT THE CHAIR!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:36 PM

2,118 posts, read 1,977,445 times
I believe I posted something similar to this the last time the chair issue was discussed, and I don't recall anyone stepping up and giving an answer...

The chair isn't there necessarily to reserve a specified physical space, as much as it is there to protect the labor that went into clearing that space. I'd love to hear one of the anti-chair contingent make a reasonable justification for depriving a neighbor of the fruits of their physical labor in clearing the snow from a given parking space, or convince me that when you move the chair and park there, that isn't exactly what you've done.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:42 PM

101 posts, read 113,127 times
Oh geesh,

I didn't mean to start a fight.

It was just "Respect the Chair" and "Hate Rt 28" were the first things my cousin taught me when I moved down here.

And trust me....

Hating 28 became natural after having to drive it every morning to RIDC.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:44 PM

42,506 posts, read 47,596,826 times
Quote:

I doubt chair owners would care if the chair is egg'd. I've never seen a nice parking chair.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:52 PM

255 posts, read 388,657 times
Most places seem really cool when you're just a vistor. That's because they don't know you yet, and you haven't had enough time to adjust. Once you're in a place for a while, at least 6 months..you start to see the good, bad and ugly, and that's when you can make a genuine opinion about the place. (Usually). There are exceptions. And sometimes first impressions end up being the truth. It depends...but I hear a lot of negativity on these boards about EVERY STATE AND EVERY CITY THERE IS.
NO PLACE IS PERFECT. Its about what works for you and your family.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:59 PM

101 posts, read 113,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I doubt chair owners would care if the chair is egg'd. I've never seen a nice parking chair.
Hey,

That's not fair. The Carnegie Museum of Art actually did a parking chair exhibition in honor of the proud Pittsburgh tradition a few years back. They took confiscated parking chairs from across the city, and local artist painted them, then they sold them for a fund raiser.

There were some pretty impressive and awesome looking (not to mention hysterically funny) chairs up for auction.

Long live the chair!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh