Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 07:49 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times

Advertisements

(Tapping feet). STILL waiting for some decent weather here after six months!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 08:20 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,645,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
(Tapping feet). STILL waiting for some decent weather here after six months!
Seriously? Did you sleep through last week? Or just go out of town?

It's actually an interesting data point to add to the endless argument. Apparently we have to go not just days but weeks without clouds for some people to consider it a stretch of "good" weather. 4 days in a row is not at all "good" weather, who knew? Too many dry days in a row would not be good weather if you're expecting to have green trees and grass and other growing things that's for sure.

Grumbling and joking about the weather is one thing. Whining about it is something else....

Old 05-17-2011, 08:45 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Whining about it is something else....
Considering we have had about double our normal rainfall, it is okay to vent on this crappy weather. It is crap!!! I have lived here longer than anyone on this forum and believe me this is horrible weather for May and even April.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Considering we have had about double our normal rainfall, it is okay to vent on this crappy weather. It is crap!!! I have lived here longer than anyone on this forum and believe me this is horrible weather for May and even April.
I can take saying that the weather is crap this spring, because it is much wetter than usual. I can't accept the continued whiny countdown of months without "decent weather" because, well, any idiot knows not to expect a ton of decent whether in the 6 months beginning in November. And I especially can't take it after just having the best weather of the spring last week.

And said best weather was not, in fact, just several days of dry cloudy but included, you know, actual sunshine.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
Arguing about the weather, again .... I mean, come on, don't you guys have anything better to do ?
In case you don't though, at least try to be polite. There is no need for personal attacks when discussing weather. I hope.
Yac.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:29 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
...any idiot knows not to expect a ton of decent whether in the 6 months beginning in November.
Not everyone feels that way. I love winter and contrary to what the media says, there are those of us that love to ski and enjoy what winter has to offer. If I didn't like winter, I would move to an area that doesn't have it. Never understood why people that don't like winter stay in this region? Already have my ski pass for next year. Buy now and save.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:35 AM

2,458 posts, read 4,202,032 times
Quote:
Arguing about the weather, again .... I mean, come on, don't you guys have anything better to do ?
We kind of exhausted the possibilities of the parking chair topic, and it's still a little early to revist the Pittsburgh Left...

Old 05-18-2011, 06:35 AM

780 posts, read 1,384,002 times
For those of us that love fresh, local grown corn on the cob come late July/Early August, this year is going to be either a washout or, at best, very late, if things don't start drying out very soon. I will need to replant some things in the garden due to seeds rotting out...

Old 05-18-2011, 06:41 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,700,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I'm sure you will agree with me, in years passed, we would have had multiple days in the 80's already.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:19 AM

Haven't we had multiple days in the 80s? Close to it, anyway. The normal high at this point is not 80 yet, but I know a couple days last week made it to 80 or very high 70s.

Personally, what I miss is a run of days around 65-70. It doesn't look like we're going to have that at all. The high temp goes all over the place, up to high 70s, back to 50s, it's really weird.

And yeah, I wonder what this is doing to the local produce. Some wet is good but this is getting to be too much when it can't dry out in between.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh