Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 05:36 AM

101 posts, read 217,767 times

Advertisements

Pittsburgh does much more business with Cleveland, Erie and Columbus than we do with Philly. Probably because dealing with Philly is a PITA. Speaking from personal experience with my own company doing business- it’s not the people in Philly. It’s the city itself.

I’m giving Cleveland a few more years. As a business person I’ve started seeing things starting to turn around there. Cleveland seems to be taking a similar path to ours and building around the Cleveland Clinic. It’s becoming a first rate research center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 07:17 AM

20,273 posts, read 32,869,081 times
Pittsburgh has strong economic ties in both directions, which makes sense because it has basically always been the point at which the East Coast region meets the Great Lakes region. It is also culturally distinct from both, really making it the capital city of a distinct intermediate region.

But the point I am making is about politics, and there the fact that Pittsburgh is in the same state with Philly and not Cleveland, or Columbus, or Youngstown, or DC, or so on, is what counts.

On the other hand, I agree about Erie--I'm happy to accept them into our coalition of larger metros in the state.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:25 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,774,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillsHollow View Post
I’m giving Cleveland a few more years. As a business person I’ve started seeing things starting to turn around there. Cleveland seems to be taking a similar path to ours and building around the Cleveland Clinic. It’s becoming a first rate research center.
That wouldn't be surprising at all. Their cycle is ripe to move up.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:41 PM

87 posts, read 140,038 times
PNC Tower according to Jim Rohr is to be around 40 stories and is to be the 4th largest building in the city. Memory states that Pittsburgh agreed whi;e competing for USS - USX Tower we agreed no building could surpass its height!!! I hope that is not the case But... My message for Jim Rohr is thank you, thank you for being a premiere corporate citizen of Pittsburgh. Thank you for making our city your home and please consider increasing the NEW PNC TOWER to 46 stories making it the third tallest skyscraper in Pittsburgh. Allow your world headquarters to be an ICONIC Tower for today and the foreseeable future. Once again THANK YOU JIM ROHR Pittsburgh Loves You
PGHPA611
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh