Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2014, 07:43 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,692,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Psychiatrists should study internet trolls. Sociologists at least. Someone needs to study them! lol
They did: Internet Trolls Are Sadists and Psychopaths, Psychologist Report Finds | TIME.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 07:44 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortonator View Post
he must be on one of his drinking/smoking binges - hopefully Yac will save us again like he did this morning with the troll-inspired 'spring roll' thread removal
I slept in and missed what happened after our spring roll inspiration. Did it go nuts in the morning?

Old 02-24-2014, 07:45 PM

697 posts, read 777,862 times
^ would be interesting. I'll assume some typical characteristics would be insecure, unfulfilled, lonely, not too successful with a bit of narcissism thrown in.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
I have a phenomenal(scary) memory and also remember him saying he lived in Southern California for a period of time. That account's zip code is Southern Cali and was made 7 years ago. Fits with his giant rant a month ago. Pretty stupid to say the least.

EDIT: And also bringing up threads from his glorious OT (original troll) days ~2007
Excellent deduction. I used to have a great memory. Hold onto it as long as you can!

Interesting. It seems they only studied them online. I guess it's hard to coax trolls into a face to face research study.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:07 PM

Is our other favorite prolific poster part of the game?

Old 02-25-2014, 12:44 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,242,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I slept in and missed what happened after our spring roll inspiration. Did it go nuts in the morning?
the thread just disappeared. I assume deleted by Yac fortunately, with hopefully a reprimand for the OP, who is hardly a contribtor or reliable data. Do other city forums get plagued by trolls so persistently, I wonder? I guess it'd be naive to suspect we were unique. But I love how the man of 63 zzzZZZZzzzZZZzzzzzZZZzzz's was quick to respond to several of the resuscitated threads this evening. Troll begets troll - something like that anyway.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:41 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortonator View Post
Do other city forums get plagued by trolls so persistently, I wonder?
It's the price of popularity, I guess. Pittsburgh Forum is one of the most interesting forums on city-data, so yeah--it attracts more of everything. More readers than a lot of the other forums, more posters from all over the country, and more trolls. You have that irresistible combo: variety of topics, lots of interesting regulars, and most of the regulars seem sincere and believable. Sorta like putting a bowl of catnip in a roomful of kittens.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:45 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,242,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
It's the price of popularity, I guess. Pittsburgh Forum is one of the more interesting forums on city-data, so yeah--it attracts more readers than the other forums, more posters from all over the country, and more trolls. Lots of good topics, lots of interesting regulars, and most of the regulars seem sincere and believable. It's irresistible, I think. Sorta like putting a bowl of catnip in a roomful of kittens.
It was 'night of the living trolls' last night. Was it a full moon? Only the eternally 28yo dude from Pgh was missing. Also a thread on East Liberty safety that has all the hallmarks of a new Sealtite identity.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:22 AM

1,445 posts, read 1,971,575 times
Is it me or is it a lot harder to find the signal through all the noise on this forum lately? Lots of trolling and circular arguments and goalpost moving and some astounding negativism.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:12 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,585,203 times
It is not just you and in the Thread That Is No More I already started foaming at the mouth about it. I don't see too many threads asking for help picking out a neighborhood, or asking for help with this or that, either, so maybe people just gave up. I know the city has issues, but wallowing in malaise is not how I propose to go through life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh