Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 11:47 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,783,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Bakerstown Rd is pretty far out. That's Richland, as I suspected, not Hampton. (BTW, much of Hampton is Allison Park zip not Gibsonia zip. When someone says Gibsonia I assume Richland.)

Still, depending upon where in Cranberry I'd say it could be less. The mileage is less. If you are commuting at off times, the speed you can do coming down from Cranberry may make up for that.

If you are commuting at rush times, eh, I'm not familiar with Rt 8 rush but I still think you might shave a little off the current Cranberry time. Now once that bridge construction is done the Cranberry time should go back to being the same or perhaps a little better than the Gibsonia time.
Yes, Bakerstown is pretty far out. That makes a difference. I am guessing the commute times would be close, but not sure. Cranberry is pretty fast considering how far away it is. I used to drive up there quite often for a sport I used to play. I hated the drive because it was so far, but drive time was pretty fast. Just racked up too many miles on my car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 02:43 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,630,664 times
That location is a bit further down than me by a couple of miles but the extra distance is where traffic lets up alot. Route 8 is a slow drive--as I said stop and go. For me I would rather go the distance at a steady speed and would opt for Cranberry. I really grew to hate the commute after about 18 months. But the work on 28 is and will help alot. If you are buying--then by far Cranberry due to taxes. But distance and commute Again I say it is a toss up.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:07 PM

145 posts, read 282,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savstep View Post
I hate to clog up the board with another relocation/commuting question, but I was wondering whether the commute to downtown Pittsburgh is easier from Cranberry or from Gibsonia.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on Emsworth? It's a shorter commute, but I'm not familiar with the area.

Thank you for any responses!
Where exactly are you going downtown?

Old 06-10-2011, 03:20 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,543,247 times
We keep going on comparing the other two, but I'd go with Emsworth myself. Shorter is better. Heck, if you're going to look in Emsworth, might as well look in Bellevue. Save another few minutes. Although I guess the reason you've brought up those three is because there is some option that has drawn you to them.

I'm assuming rentals though. If you're buying, that may be different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh