Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 03:34 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,738,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzwell View Post
I'll leave you with this, for what it's worth, and it is a true story. A now former (but then current) governor was at a Fayette County fundraiser and he told this joke to the fellow sitting next to him...

"I know how to increase Pennsylvania's average IQ score by ten points and increase West Virginia's by ten points at the same time.....give Fayette County to West Virginia".
Ouch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 06:49 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Actually, he brings in many foreign workers instead of using locals.
They are on programs from places like Jamaica and usually restaurant help. They are there for study purposes. There are MORE locals the foreign employees. Caddies also make one heck of a good buck at Mystic and people in the pro shop are locals as well as the butlers and... oh come on, I am not naming all the local employment opportunities there. I know for a fact that MORE locals work there or at least people from the US than any people that are not from there. I know the place inside and out and know tons of people there at all levels of employment including the top of the heap.

People always want to put the super rich down in anyway they can. I always found that odd. Jealousy? Who knows?

Old 06-22-2011, 09:18 PM

22,587 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Actually, many are from the former USSR, not Jamaica.
AND the numbers are in the 300 employee range.

But, he would rather underpay foreigners than properly pay locals.....

Old 06-23-2011, 06:26 AM

783 posts, read 2,021,961 times
Quote:
Actually, many are from the former USSR, not Jamaoica.

Cite your sources. I've been to nemacolin tons of times and knoe people that work there. The few foreigners that come here art in fact younger student and mostly Hispanics, from Peru, el Salvador, chile, etc. And the numbers and not even close to 300. Have you ever been to nemacolin? Have you ever been outside of Pittsburgh?

Old 06-23-2011, 06:30 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Pennsylvania
International Keystone Knights of the Ku Klux Klan- Once a larger group, the Keystone Knights
are much smaller today, with active members in Pennsylvania and Arkansas.

Fighting Hate with Class Solidarity
Messages of hate can be found throughout Pennsylvania, where unions are joining forces with communities in a battle for the state’s soul. Although a state rich in labor history, Pennsylvania today ranks just 14th in union density nationwide — but fourth in hate group activity. White supremacist organizations targeted western Pennsylvania some 15 years ago as one of the two key areas nationwide for recruitment, says Ann Van Dyke of the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission.More at link, about ½ down the page.

200 Attend Rain-pelted Klan Rally In Western Pennsylvania - Philly.com
About 200 Ku Klux Klan members and supporters gathered on a farm in rural Fayette County on Saturday in what was described as a membership drive for the white-supremacist organization.

Racism/Hate Crime News | Fayette Co. Man Finds KKK Cut-Out At Work Sep 16,... (http://racistornotracist.tumblr.com/post/1168045754/fayette-co-man-finds-kkk-cut-out-at-work-sep-16 - broken link)
The man says he was just doing his job at National Envelope Corporation in Scottdale when he found a cut-out image of a KKK member in a stack of paper.

http://www.pitt.edu/~kloman/Anthony/...unterklan.html
Randy Bartley and three friends came all the way from Connelsville, PA., to show their support. Clad in Confederate flag T-shirts, Bartley and his crew stood together in a tight circle, silently watching the rally from behind the crowd.
"I'm here because we give [blacks] too much," he said. "[The KKK] is here because they want to show that you have to help yourself and can't expect the government to give you equal rights."

Old 06-23-2011, 07:14 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,712,361 times
Joe Hardy needs to employ SOME locals; otherewise, where would he find his next wife?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
Cite your sources.
Besides personal observation and conversation, all I could find was this:
Nemacolin relies on foreign guest workers - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Quote:
I've been to nemacolin tons of times and knoe people that work there. The few foreigners that come here art in fact younger student and mostly Hispanics, from Peru, el Salvador, chile, etc. And the numbers and not even close to 300. Have you ever been to nemacolin?
Why, yes I have! Although I don't 'knoe' anyone there personally.....

Quote:
Have you ever been outside of Pittsburgh?
Again, yes I have. Why do you ask?

Last edited by Pitt Chick; 06-23-2011 at 08:28 AM..

Old 06-23-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
Joe Hardy needs to employ SOME locals; otherewise, where would he find his next wife?
LOL!

Old 06-23-2011, 01:08 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,416,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
There's an eighties joke that British based comedians used to tell.....

"Joan Collins couldn't be here tonight. She's at hospital attending the birth of her next husband". Take out Joan's name and put in Joe's...well, you see where I'm going.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:36 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Actually, many are from the former USSR, not Jamaica.

Total BS! I know the entire place and EVERYONE there. I am an insider. You are going after Hardy, like so many do from that area. They are all looking for a handout because they have someone with money in the region. If I was Hardy I wouldn't give to people that talk about him like the locals. I hang around several local places like National Pike, etc., and if I bring him up people are idiots. I know tons of employees there. TONS!

You are full of it and I know this for a fact! FIRST HAND!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh