Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:16 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,347,847 times

Advertisements

keep in mind we are also discussing and defending other players not just Ward. If Ward did the crime he must do the time .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 09:24 PM

14,173 posts, read 22,627,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
If an ordinary office worker had rape accusations dismissed against him due to a lack of probable cause, then chances are the only people who would label him a "rapist" are those who have a personal vendetta against him.
Interesting point there about personal vendettas. Hmmm...

Old 07-10-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
keep in mind we are also discussing and defending other players not just Ward. If Ward did the crime he must do the time .
He'll probably pay a large fine, be placed on probation for a year, and have his license suspended for six months or a year. That's about par for the course for first-time DUI offenders.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
He'll probably pay a large fine, be placed on probation for a year, and have his license suspended for six months or a year. That's about par for the course for first-time DUI offenders.
or lol he can dance his way out of this..lol

sounds like that will be the case. I hope that he uses this to promote sober driving beahavior to others. He seems like a nice guy who made a stupid mistake. I wonder what the franchise is going to do?

Old 07-11-2011, 12:27 AM

1,104 posts, read 2,582,819 times
I doubt the team will suspend him but I'm sure they're going to have a talk with him, basically telling him "don't do it again."

Old 07-11-2011, 12:32 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if they deactivate him for a game like they did Santonio Holmes in 2008 when he was arrested for marijuana possession.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:35 AM

IF this lockout continues it may be in his favor and they willl drop it.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:20 AM

780 posts, read 1,378,429 times
W/O a CBA and with a lockout, legally, I would think the league can't do anything to him, no matter the outcome. If they did, he should sue the league.

If the "story" is true and he really only had a drink or two, sounds like he panicked when he refused the breathlyzer. I would think that he should have passed a field sobriety test though. And, taking that into account, if he truly was over the limit, he did the best thing by refusing to blow. Better to not blow and take your chances in court than to blow and remove all doubt.

His best choice would have been to call a cab but hindsight is 20/20.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:31 AM

That is very true. I just hate to see this team have to deal with more bad press out of GA or any place for that matter but like someone said they lol need to stay out of GA... bad luck there.

Steelers are a awesome team with great leadership and people do make mistakes and lets just hope everyone learned from this

Old 07-11-2011, 07:45 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,831,584 times
DUI isn't exactly armed robbery or carrying a gun into a nightclub. I suspect there have been countless people that have had too much to drink and drove a car. I don't condone it, but it doesn't register all that much to me. Ward has been good for Pittsburgh and drank too much and got caught. He will pay some fine and take a couple of classes and play football. He isn't going to jail for this. It isn't like he has had 3 DUI's or really anything. It isn't even on the radar screen for me.

Big Ben was targeted because he is "Big Ben". He probably did some dumb things and everyone thinks he should know better. He should, but he wasn't even charged with anything, yet people want to hang him. It is kind of odd that the media tries people and the legal system seems to mean nothing. I don't like his actions and I suspect we will never see that again from him. It is over and it is time to move on. Football players are just people and they make many mistakes. When they make them it is some huge headline and people go all crazy. How many DUI's were there on that same day Ward got one? Thousands I suspect, but those other people don't play football for a living. It happened and he will be more careful I suspect. You don't want two of those or worse yet, three!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh