Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 03:59 PM

19 posts, read 26,786 times

Advertisements

Just moved to the South Hills area of Pittsburgh. I am close to Mt. Lebanon, Dormont and whatever other areas are this way. I have 3 cars a Subaru, Toyota and Nissan. I would like to get them all service at a reliable garage so I am not going from place to place. Nothing major wrong with the cars just want a place to get repairs and maintenance when needed. Anyone from this area that can give me a good place to go that will not charge me a arm and a leg every time??

Thanks to all that reply and help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 08:25 PM

112 posts, read 161,660 times
One vote here for Tom Kaercher automotive. Right near the ice castle on castle shannon blvd.
I just recently went there to get my jeep fixed and I had a really good experience. The place is family owned, they call when they say they will. The work was done before the time they had said it would be and the price for my repair was fair and not a cent more than what was quoted.
We went there on a referral from a friend and were definitely happy with the service.
The one and only thing I could possibly complain about here is that they're only open until 6 on the weekdays.

I used to go to pep boys and I was tired of the service or lack thereof from that place.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:42 AM

Thank you!, I will definitly look into him. I agree with the pep boys comment. I have had bad luck with places like them and midas and all those other chain stores. It seems like they just do what they want.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:17 AM

780 posts, read 1,384,729 times
For tires, alignments, suspension work and maybe some other repairs, I can highly recommend Bruce Brothers Tires on Rte. 88 in Bethel Park.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:14 AM

Really, I saw them when I was going to south park and I didn't think that was that big of a shop but I'd give it a shot for tires and alignments. I have seen alot of firestones and NTB's everywhere I go. Is that big around the southhills area??? I asked acouple of my neighbors and they all go to the dealer and I really don't want to do that again. I got rocked so hard last time that I am still paying for the repairs. I mean I know some stuff but whatever went bad with my power steering really beat me up.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:16 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,312 times
i go to John varneys tire on brownsville road in carrick for all my tires and routine stuff. been going for years and never had a problem\

Old 08-09-2011, 06:38 AM

1,519 posts, read 2,675,088 times
MJ Automotive in Brookline. First time I was there was when my car broke down right in front. I needed an alternator and a battery. Mike went out of his way to track down the warranty on my battery and saved me some money. I noticed as I was waiting for them to finish my car that they knew everyone who walked into the shop by name. I've been going back ever since.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:23 AM

780 posts, read 1,384,729 times
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjl8301 View Post
Really, I saw them when I was going to south park and I didn't think that was that big of a shop but I'd give it a shot for tires and alignments. I have seen alot of firestones and NTB's everywhere I go. Is that big around the southhills area??? I asked acouple of my neighbors and they all go to the dealer and I really don't want to do that again. I got rocked so hard last time that I am still paying for the repairs. I mean I know some stuff but whatever went bad with my power steering really beat me up.

You are right, they aren't that big. Only have two bays. Come late fall when the rush to put snows on and rotate out, the wait will be a couple hrs if you don't get an appt. ahead of time and sometimes, you need to wait a a week or more for a scheduled appt. They do their best to fit in walk-ins but sometimes they are really crushed.

They were Scotto Tire before they sold to Bruce Bros. but the staff, esp. managers, are generally the same and they have the same great service. They match and beat anyone's prices. They beat Firestone's own prices for tires for my wife's Lexus ES 300 and Firestone didn't even include an alignment. Bruce Bros. includes a 2 or 4 wheel alignment with all their tire purchases in their out the door price. You can't beat their price anywhere (I have tried) for equiv. service and they include all the normal road hazard, free rotations, etc. that everyone else does.

PS - 4 wheel alignments are $80 plus at other shops.

Can't even match their prices from Tirerack, generally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh