Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 04:25 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobick View Post
Didn't see this posted in this thread yet. Drawings done in 2006. Obviously, the plan has changed but some good representations on possible re-uses and sketches of possible cut-throughs.

http://www.alleghenyriverfrontvision...arketplace.pdf
Looks like one of those puzzles you are trying to put a round peg into a square hole. What a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 04:26 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghenyangel View Post
I'm going to the meeting. See you there.
I may have to attend just to offset what you have to say.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:06 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,035,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I may have to attend just to offset what you have to say.
Maybe I should just stay home. LOL

I'm glad that the whole thing won't be demolished, whatever the outcome.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:08 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,544,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobick View Post
Didn't see this posted in this thread yet. Drawings done in 2006. Obviously, the plan has changed but some good representations on possible re-uses and sketches of possible cut-throughs.

http://www.alleghenyriverfrontvision...arketplace.pdf
Thanks for the post , didn't realize those plans had been made. Looks good to me.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:32 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,014,869 times
A report on the meeting:

Plans for Strip District terminal worry public market vendors - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Some details:

Quote:
Filoni presented renderings of the final building, which would replace the green wooden garage doors with a mix of wood and glass. The loading dock along Smallman Street would remain, but with more rails, stairs, ramps and sidewalks. The truck docks on the river side of the building would be replaced with a platform similar to the Smallman Street side.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:56 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Thanks for the post.

The ugly building lives I guess. It is interesting the tenants are worried about higher rent in another location. That market is very expensive already and I just assumed the rent must be high in the loading dock with steps all over the place to try and access it.

Oh well, so much for the excitement in them building something cool there. It is interesting how people can fall in love with a loading dock. What a strange world. Has anyone ever seen the river side of that thing? I was just there on my bike and it had trucks backed up to it and just a normal loading dock. How pretty that thing will be when they develop the riverfront. What a joke.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:57 AM

Once again, thanks for the contribution from the old-school-yinzer can't-do crowd.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:01 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times
Quote:
Once again, thanks for the contribution from the old-school-yinzer can't-do crowd.
Actually, I find the inability to let go of this in-the-way eyesore more "old-school-yinzer can't-do" than anything h_ said.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Actually, I find the inability to let go of this in-the-way eyesore more "old-school-yinzer can't-do" than anything h_ said.
Obviously people can have different visions for the area.

But I specifically quoted a part of the article where they talked about how they were going to change the truck-loading dock that faces the river. Then h_curtis replies with:

"Has anyone ever seen the river side of that thing? I was just there on my bike and it had trucks backed up to it and just a normal loading dock."

That's what I mean about his "can't do" attitude. He appears unwilling or unable to imagine that the Terminal is not going to look exactly the same after renovation.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:09 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times
Quote:
Obviously people can have different visions for the area.

But I specifically quoted a part of the article where they talked about how they were going to change the truck-loading dock that faces the river. Then h_curtis replies with:

"Has anyone ever seen the river side of that thing? I was just there on my bike and it had trucks backed up to it and just a normal loading dock."

That's what I mean about his "can't do" attitude. He appears unwilling or unable to imagine that the Terminal is not going to look exactly the same after renovation.
Is the river side even uglier than the Smallman Street side? I've never seen it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh