U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 06:26 AM

10,979 posts, read 7,041,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
What job do you have in this region to be able to afford a Rolls Royce?
I would never buy a new one. I don't do new cars! You can get an older Rolls for a pretty good price, but it would be a pain not to have a dealer around to get parts as needed. Guess you can get them delivered.

Ascot was such a cool place. It is a bummer they are gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 06:29 AM

4,302 posts, read 2,861,560 times
I buy my cars at auctions since I know a dealer. I got a 30k car for 16k in 2007. If you're going to buy a ridiculously priced car I would go that route. You'd be amazed how quickly prices plummet after being "used" for less than a year.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:30 AM

18,717 posts, read 14,337,242 times
These days everything's available online... even the Grey Poupon.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
I buy my cars at auctions since I know a dealer. I got a 30k car for 16k in 2007. If you're going to buy a ridiculously priced car I would go that route. You'd be amazed how quickly prices plummet after being "used" for less than a year.
I do a search on CL using search Tempest and try to find a private seller. Last car I bought was in Maryland. Pittsburgh cars are usually junk because our region uses so much salt. I may never buy a Pittsburgh car again. All you need to do is buy a car 50 miles from here and it makes all the difference. Salt kills our cars!

Old 08-04-2011, 06:32 AM

20,274 posts, read 17,747,988 times
By the way, I once had a lead on a used Rolls that was actually within my budget at the time. Then I looked at some information on likely maintenance/repair costs (not to mention fuel efficiency) and realized why they were practically giving it away.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:59 AM

3,393 posts, read 1,933,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I would never buy a new one. I don't do new cars! You can get an older Rolls for a pretty good price, but it would be a pain not to have a dealer around to get parts as needed. Guess you can get them delivered.
Its bad enough getting many places to do things to a bmw outside of the dealerships (which are total rip-off joints in my opinion, with the one closest to me in the city, P&W, being the worst offender in my opinion) let alone something exotic. I had considered getting an aston martin not too long ago (used - those lose their value like crazy), but yea, finding someone to do just basic maintenance on it would have been such a pain it wasn't worth it to own around here.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:03 AM

I do lots of car work myself and if I get stuck on something, I have a friend that is more like my brother than will bail me out. If I didn't have him, I probably wouldn't mess with some crazy car. Just replaced my a/c in my car for $700. Oh, that was the price of the parts only and no labor. A dealer wanted $1400.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:48 AM

1,021 posts, read 783,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanPioneer View Post
I'm afraid you may have to take a step down and consider a Bentley. It's almost as good as RR and has a dealer in pgh.
I'm not aware of any authorized Bentley dealer in Pittsburgh; who is it, please?
We used to have an Aston -Martin dealer, Rahal on RT 19 north, but they apparently lost, or gave up the franchise.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:49 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,251,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
I'm not aware of any authorized Bentley dealer in Pittsburgh; who is it, please?
We used to have an Aston -Martin dealer, Rahal on RT 19 north, but they apparently lost, or gave up the franchise.
Pittsburgh Bentley Dealership | Serving Buffalo, Cleveland, Akron, Harrisburg, Morgantown WV | Bentley Pittsburgh | Pennsylvania

On West Liberty Avenue.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:50 AM

1,021 posts, read 783,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I also wanted to mention we actually had a Ferrari dealer and one great mechanic in Pittsburgh at one time. Kind of sad our region can't have all that. DC, might actually be the best place to go for fine autos.
I don't recall Pittsburgh ever having an authorized Ferrari dealer; the only one in Pennsylvania was/is Algar Enterprises in suburban Philly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh