U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-04-2011, 03:14 PM

4,105 posts, read 3,279,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I would never buy a new one. I don't do new cars! You can get an older Rolls for a pretty good price, but it would be a pain not to have a dealer around to get parts as needed. Guess you can get them delivered.

Ascot was such a cool place. It is a bummer they are gone.
Are you really talking about the frugality of buying used in the same breath as buying a Rolls Royce?

FWIW, I have seen used Ferraris for sale at Auto Palace on Baum.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 04:30 PM

18,717 posts, read 15,710,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
By the way, I once had a lead on a used Rolls that was actually within my budget at the time. Then I looked at some information on likely maintenance/repair costs (not to mention fuel efficiency) and realized why they were practically giving it away.
Very true. Years ago I was an office manager for a guy who had a Rolls and occasionally I dropped his car off to be serviced (this was back in the days when bosses thought nothing of asking office staff to run personal errands for them). Anyway, I took his car to the same place that serviced my car and you could just see their little eyeballs light up and the silliest fees add up like crazy the moment they saw a Rolls. Even things like rotating tires cost twice as much just because they saw a Rolls and knew the owner had to be loaded.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:09 PM
gg gg started this thread

11,679 posts, read 8,044,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
I'm older than you and curious. Where on 5th Avenue in Shadyside?
It was a branch of the Auto Palace. Same owner. He was a Lambo dealer. I am not sure which street it was that intersected 5th. It might have been around S. Graham. I am sure there is someone else that remembered the little showroom there. I used to look in there and dream about, "someday" kind of dream. Of course it never happened, but it was fun to dream.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:17 PM

4,759 posts, read 3,154,173 times
Quote:
It was a branch of the Auto Palace. Same owner. He was a Lambo dealer. I am not sure which street it was that intersected 5th. It might have been around S. Graham. I am sure there is someone else that remembered the little showroom there. I used to look in there and dream about, "someday" kind of dream. Of course it never happened, but it was fun to dream.

Going east on 5th Ave., it was on the left side of the street Between Wilkins and St. James.

As far as servicing your Rolls, you just need to find where the old Ascot guys are working now.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:44 PM
gg gg started this thread

11,679 posts, read 8,044,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Going east on 5th Ave., it was on the left side of the street Between Wilkins and St. James.

As far as servicing your Rolls, you just need to find where the old Ascot guys are working now.
So you remember that place as well. It was cool.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:50 PM

830 posts, read 1,115,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
I'm not aware of any authorized Bentley dealer in Pittsburgh; who is it, please?
It is a division of Rohrich Lexus. I think it is more of an "order" thing rather than inventory on the showroom floor, at least it was like that when they first opened.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
So you remember that place as well. It was cool.
What was really cool was back when you could hit Auto Palace, P & W, Wetzel Motor Works, and the Lambo place all within minutes of each other. Spend the afternoon car shopping of you favorite choice! LOL

I use to have my cars serviced at Wetzel before they closed up, and then always went to Smail in Greensburg, as I still do now.

But Ascot WAS still the COOLEST place of all!

Old 08-04-2011, 10:23 PM

3,171 posts, read 6,762,668 times
There's a guy that lives down the road from me that deals in exotic cars (he lives in Howland Township, OH, near Warren/Ytown). I just looked up his site and it seems like he sells them in Vancouver, BC, which i guess doesnt' help you. Ross Development - British Columbia - Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver I have seen some trucks near his mansion unloading high priced cars and I almost rear-ended his Ferrari one day. I wonder if he sells any out of his office here.........

Old 08-04-2011, 10:30 PM

3,935 posts, read 4,081,681 times
What I want to know is why there aren't any Isotta Fraschini dealers in our region. I think it reflects badly on our city that it cannot support Isotta Fraschini drivers.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghenyangel View Post
What I want to know is why there aren't any Isotta Fraschini dealers in our region. I think it reflects badly on our city that it cannot support Isotta Fraschini drivers.
Ha Ha! Good one AA!

More than likely because they are no longer made.
Last time that even a concept car was made by IF was back in the late 90's.
These are like Magellan, HISTORY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh