U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 08:35 AM

128 posts, read 97,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
I recently learned it's illegal to use $20 bills to light my cigars. I am so sick of living in a communist country.
Given the recession and all its only proper to cut back on certain extravagances. I prefer to light mine with US Treasury Bills, its not like they're worth anything anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 08:49 AM

20,274 posts, read 17,354,266 times
I have a bunch of Lehman stock certificates lying around somewhere . . .

Old 08-05-2011, 09:06 AM

9,875 posts, read 8,656,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
I recently learned it's illegal to use $20 bills to light my cigars. I am so sick of living in a communist country.
$20s? Amateur.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:10 AM

4,203 posts, read 2,733,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
$20s? Amateur.
I use 100 bills because using USD is like using Fisher Price stuff.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:15 AM

472 posts, read 256,216 times
old guys on this thread... stop pretending to be these guys.

http://www.antennamag.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/entourage-entourage-124106_1024_768.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-05-2011, 11:08 AM

3,326 posts, read 1,830,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvan View Post
old guys on this thread... stop pretending to be these guys.
Phew....luckily I'm younger then all those guys

Old 08-05-2011, 01:04 PM

1,158 posts, read 951,403 times
The Citroen C6 would be my choice for a luxury car . It's unsurpassed suspension system is best equipped to handle the 'Burgh's terrain. In fact, Citroen invented the hydroactive suspension and in a quality test blew the BMW away. So refreshing to see such refined elegance while being high tech and outside of the boring and conformist Audi/Beemer/Merc mundane. The only problem is you can't buy them in N. America ( which makes them even more exotic!) But may be coming back to Canada soon. My uncle, who used to race professionally in Europe, no longer races cars but sells these. He would give me a real good deal on one but I still would have the problem of having it shipped it to the U.S.

Redirect Notice

Old 08-05-2011, 01:16 PM

4,203 posts, read 2,733,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondee View Post
The Citroen C6 would be my choice for a luxury car . It's unsurpassed suspension system is best equipped to handle the 'Burgh's terrain. In fact, Citroen invented the hydroactive suspension and in a quality test blew the BMW away. So refreshing to see such refined elegance while being high tech and outside of the boring and conformist Audi/Beemer/Merc mundane. The only problem is you can't buy them in N. America ( which makes them even more exotic!) But may be coming back to Canada soon. My uncle, who used to race professionally in Europe, no longer races cars but sells these. He would give me a real good deal on one but I still would have the problem of having it shipped it to the U.S.

Redirect Notice
I would not mind seeing Citroen (or its parent company Peugeot) in the states. However, fixing them would be quite the task. Even with Saab (which has been in the US for decades) mechanics are baffled as to how to fix them.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:46 PM

20,274 posts, read 17,354,266 times
I could make a long list of European cars I wish were available in the U.S. (the ones that particularly irk me are the ones by U.S. companies).

Old 08-05-2011, 01:54 PM

1,158 posts, read 951,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
I would not mind seeing Citroen (or its parent company Peugeot) in the states. However, fixing them would be quite the task. Even with Saab (which has been in the US for decades) mechanics are baffled as to how to fix them.
I would love to get in on the ground floor of a dealership in Canada. My Uncle said sales have slowed in Europe but have risen everywhere else outside of Europe, so it makes sense that they probably are intent on coming to Canada.

Both my cousins are mechanics that work on Citroens every day( at my Uncle's dealership)They are a very progressive,high tech car company and have been for years .Like I said about the suspensions, they are perfect for driving around here.But just like everything else there is only so much market for auto imports and big companies like BMW with their clout( and I'm sure politics play a role as well)crowd out smaller companies from even being able to import here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh