Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 03:20 PM

128 posts, read 201,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave09 View Post
Dude... just stop. Millionaires giving away some of their millions while keeping many more millions... I shouldn't even have to explain to you why this isn't heroic, it's just called doing the right thing.

If I was in his position I would be embarrassed if people were hailing me as a hero.
Did you RTFA? He started as a teacher, making peanuts, and rose through the ranks for (in absence of evidence to the contrary) doing a good job and caring for his students. Yes he's probably financially comfortable and yes he'll collect a great retirement but that doesn't make what he did any less charitable or even in the realm of just "doing the right thing".

Stop hating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 09:37 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
[quote=h_curtis;20653406 You don't value education? Seems you don't value education as I do.[/quote]

Aren't you the one that thinks teachers are overpaid, and that anyone can do it?

Old 08-30-2011, 02:56 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madg0at View Post

Stop hating.
This. Please.
There is no reason to fight over this issue.
Yac.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:42 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Aren't you the one that thinks teachers are overpaid, and that anyone can do it?
I feel the teaching pay scale is too high in our region considering the norm and they work 180 days. As far as you throwing in, "anyone can do it", you are just putting words in my mouth. Never said such a stupid thing, but good try.

Anyway, it was a nice article and great there is one person out there giving something back to his school district, which will help many children learn. Amazing how many people can somehow put a negative spin on it. Guess the people that do that, are just feeling some guilt because they do nothing. In other words they don't like the article because it makes them feel like they do nothing for anyone except themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh