Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 01:45 PM

15 posts, read 18,902 times

Advertisements

I'm currently living out of state and I'm DYING to get "back home"! (have been from day one) - I am planning to move the SECOND I can

a. find work and
b. afford to pay for the move

This is going to take me some time (kind of an understatement). I won't be TOO picky about the job, but I don't have very much extra income (movers, first, last, security, utilities...) Anyway, what I'd like to do in the meantime is make a few online connections. People to kinda chat with online (such as this forum), get back in the loop of the city, networking... I'm not sure what to call it, but I'd like to get back in touch to some degree. I've been away for more than 10 years and I've lost touch.

I'm NOT a Facebook kind of person. (I'm a little more private than that). I am not articulating well, and I feel a little silly, but I'm hoping that one or two of the good people here can decipher my question/request and reccommend a site where I might be able to talk to some Pittsburgers. (And, No.. I promise not to "look you up" the minute I hit town! )

Last edited by MissinPitt; 09-11-2011 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: Correcting Typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 03:49 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,887,444 times
Where do you live now, and why did you leave Pgh.?

Old 09-11-2011, 04:05 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissinPitt View Post
...I'm hoping that one or two of the good people here can decipher my question/request and reccommend a site where I might be able to talk to some Pittsburgers. (And, No.. I promise not to "look you up" the minute I hit town! )
Look no further! This forum is a very good place to touch base with Pittsburghers!

Old 09-11-2011, 06:06 PM

Right now I'm in Raleigh, NC and moved for a job which I was laid off from after 5 years. (currently working at another company).

Old 09-12-2011, 04:55 PM

Default Thanks!!

I really appreciate the welcome! Can't wait to get back!

Old 09-12-2011, 07:35 PM

28 posts, read 45,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissinPitt View Post
Right now I'm in Raleigh, NC and moved for a job which I was laid off from after 5 years. (currently working at another company).
I lived in Raleigh for almost 9 years, do you not like it there?

Old 09-13-2011, 05:03 PM

Default Not as much as Pittsburgh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahran View Post
I lived in Raleigh for almost 9 years, do you not like it there?
Traffic is CRAZY (you've driven on I40? ) and in my opinion, it's not very "walkable". I know there is public transportation here (and I'm aware of the issues that PAT is having there) but in the winter when driving is difficult I prefer taking the bus (I still worry about sliding on the ice.). Not so easy here... It's drive yourself, or miss a work day.

Besides, I really miss being at Home! I'm looking at all of the amazing photos posted here and it makes me even more homesick.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:41 AM

4,211 posts, read 3,287,487 times
Count me in as well, Pittsburgh native in SoCal. Haven't lived there since I was 8 (34 now), just got back from four days there and did not want to leave!

I even watched FLASHDANCE on my laptop on the flight back to San Diego a few hours ago!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: