Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 11:44 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,526,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
This does undermine the ACC's credibility and shows it no longer cares about academics.
That ship sailed with Florida State and Miami.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:49 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,834,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
?

Metro Louisville is by far the largest market in its state and for also its metro area is well over half the total population of WV.
Lville is a weak market with pathetically low membership. It gets a 3rd of the viewer ship WVU gets and less than half of what Pitt gets. It will probably have the lowest viewer ship in the ACC. What Lville does have is an OK football program, which the ACC needs. In a better conference they would add much but the ACC is so weak in football Lville could actually improve it. You are actually losing more, market wise, from the loss of UMD than you are getting from Lville. What you are getting is an average football program, which is well above average in the ACC, and a good basketball program.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
That ship sailed with Florida State and Miami.
FSU yes but Miami is actually a decent academic school.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:53 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,109,679 times
Quote:
Lville is a weak market with pathetically low membership
Markets don't have "membership."

In TV terms, they are actually DMAs which are counted by HH #'s.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:53 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,526,963 times
Quote:
FSU yes but Miami is actually a decent academic school.
FSU joined first anyway.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Markets don't have "membership."

In TV terms, they are actually DMAs which are counted by HH #'s.
It is not a good market. The internet is now abuzz and ACC fans are now pissed they didn't add WVU when they add a chance now that academics don't matter.

Joe it is time to be real and not a shill. This move will cut into revenue and WVU is a much better franchise Marketwise and in football. ACC has incompetent leadership. Adding Lville now is the first smart move they have made in years. Not because they are good franchise but because they neglected football for so long that they are I'm danger of losing FSU, VT, and Clemson. If Miami wasn't such a mess they would be unhappy too. Lville is a very small step toward remedying the situation. It is probably too little too late but UConn would have been suicide for the ACC. It does end the illusion that the ACC Cates about academics.

Like I said months ago the ACC now is the old big east. I never get tired of being right.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:06 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,109,679 times
Quote:
The internet is now abuzz and ACC fans are now pissed they didn't add WVU when they add a chance now that academics don't matter.
Yes a lot of WVU fans are upset.

Quote:
Joe it is time to be real and not a shill
Exactly.

And one more time, your concern for the ACC has been noted.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 PM

20,273 posts, read 32,871,363 times
Quote:
The issue was settled.
"Settled" how?

You made various factual statements, I pointed out they didn't seem to have a basis in any data available to me, and now you are hinting you do have a basis for those statements, but are refusing to provide it.

That's not any sort of "settled" in my view, but if you continue to refuse to provide a basis for those statements, then I will simply conclude they were in fact baseless. In fact, I am pretty confident already you just made up that bit about NJ, or else garbled something you once heard.

And yes, it is rather transparent to claim an issue is suddenly off topic as soon as someone points out you seem to be saying things on that issue that aren't true. And of course you are continuing to discuss all sorts of things that are no more relevant to "Pittsburgh, Pitt, and the ACC problems," so clearly this is not some sort of new-found fidelity to topicality on your part.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Yes a lot of WVU fans are upset.

Exactly.

And one more time, your concern for the ACC has been noted.
No WVU fans generally dislike the ACC and all of them gold ACC football in contempt. WVU fans were overjoyed to join the Big 12. Who is upset is Pitt fans for blowing their one oppertunity to move up. WVU fans wanted to join the ACC as much as Steelers fans want their team to move to another city.

I understand you are upset about the ACC's situation but Pitt also held the conference in contempt until they joined it, and that was out of desperation and nessecity. No ACC shill or panther has anything to be happy about. You moved to the big east with a different name, wvu moved up. I am actually rooting for you to move up too but in the ACC that is looking unlikely.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
"Settled" how?

You made various factual statements, I pointed out they didn't seem to have a basis in any data available to me, and now you are hinting you do have a basis for those statements, but are refusing to provide it.

That's not any sort of "settled" in my view, but if you continue to refuse to provide a basis for those statements, then I will simply conclude they were in fact baseless. In fact, I am pretty confident already you just made up that bit about NJ, or else garbled something you once heard.

And yes, it is rather transparent to claim an issue is suddenly off topic as soon as someone points out you seem to be saying things on that issue that aren't true. And of course you are continuing to discuss all sorts of things that are no more relevant to "Pittsburgh, Pitt, and the ACC problems," so clearly this is not some sort of new-found fidelity to topicality on your part.
You can assume whatever you want. You got your answer and your refusal to acknowledge it doesn't change the facts. If you want further clarification you can get it, but that is up to you. So if you are serious about an answer you have the ability to get it. In fact it would be much quicker to just go to the college football forum and ask the question than make post after post giving excuses for not doing so.

I am concluding you are not really interested in an answer and want to hijack the topic away from Pitt and the ACC. I realize the situation is bad for both but that is no excuse to change the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh