Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:05 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,645,588 times

Advertisements

The folks at Winghart's are great aren't they? That's half the appeal right there. Tara and Crushin are extremely good at remembering people even after just a couple visits, and they give everyone a warm welcome. Although I suspect most people after a couple visits are in there fairly regularly. I go about every few weeks.

The only thing they really could use there is more space. They're going to run out of possible places to find it with the way things are going downtown. Plus, it's pretty cool as is, not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure, but I like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
undisclosed restaurant? I thought it was il pizziaola?
I believe that was correct. Although maybe it won't be called that. Or maybe they've backed out? I dunno. But they were mentioned before.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:07 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Still closing my eyes and clicking my heels together hoping for a Chick-Fil-A!

Old 01-05-2012, 09:10 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,887,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Still closing my eyes and clicking my heels together hoping for a Chick-Fil-A!
How you can eat their food knowing what you know about them astonishes me anew each time you bring it up.

Chick-Fil-A Fast Food Chain Donated Nearly $2 Million To Anti-Gay Groups In 2009

Old 01-05-2012, 09:11 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
The only thing they really could use there is more space.
That is usually the kiss of death if you are looking for quality. Expansion is not good. Hope they keep it the same and people deal with a wait.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:14 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,003,811 times
I don't think a little more indoor seating would kill their current business model.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:24 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
I don't think a little more indoor seating would kill their current business model.
Being someone that has actually owned a restaurant, all I can say is kitchen that get too big always go down hill. One of the reasons certain places are so popular is due to the size. I have never had a great meal at a huge place. Great meals are only at the smaller restaurants. Guess we can agree to disagree. I mean, I have owned a restaurant and the property that was just reassessed I mentioned in another thread is a restaurant/bar. I know the business too well to really have a discussion with you on it. Agree to disagree. Next.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:35 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,003,811 times
But I don't think they need to expand their kitchen--they need to expand their seating to keep up with their existing kitchen.

Incidentally, a little proof of this is that during better weather, lots of people are taking food from Winghart's and eating in the Square and such. Currently there isn't an indoor option that can take in that many people if weather isn't good, but if their current kitchen can handle the load during good weather, it should be able to handle a modest increase in indoor space for bad weather times too.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:38 AM

Well, we'll actually see how this works out in a different way: Winghart's is opening two additional locations, one on the South Side, and one up in Warrendale. I don't know the South Side space, but the Warrendale space is in Warrendale Village, where you see Tamari (has it finally opened) on Rt 19 at Warrendale-Bayne Rd. That space is new, in a little strip mall, larger, appears to have an outdoor patio, etc. Should be interesting to see how it translates.

I get that about the larger kitchen, larger place, downhill, etc, but we're talking burgers here so it may not be that bad. I'm hoping, anyway. Might become a good place to stop off on the way home from work.

You know, I'm guessing the current Market Square space is only really packed through the peak lunch hours. So maybe more space wouldn't actually do them that well most of the time. Don't know.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:45 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
But I don't think they need to expand their kitchen--they need to expand their seating to keep up with their existing kitchen.
You can think all you like, but once the kitchen is on overload the food quality suffers. Expansion is usually the end of quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh