U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 09:00 AM

42 posts, read 36,280 times
Default Restaurant suggestions on East Carson?

Hi All!

I have some people in town and I wanted to take them to East Carson tonight for dinner. What restaurants do you suggest? We aren't looking for any specific type of food, just somewhere with a fun atmosphere that will be fun for my visitors!! Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 09:02 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,053,770 times
I can't say enough good things about Piper's Pub. Best pub food in the city I think. Be prepared for a food coma afterwards though! Dish Osteria is a great off-the-beaten path mediterranean Italian place. Very small, good wine selection, and the owner is an Italian guy that is extremely friendly. He'll always stop by your table. I hear great things about Cafe du Jour as well, but havent' been myself. The second two suggestions are a little higher end than Piper's.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:15 AM

3,313 posts, read 1,808,695 times
I'll agree Piper's is good....though check their menu first as it's not everyone's taste. There's always Fatheads for a lively crowd.
Mallorca, Dish, Pittsburgh Steak Co., Cafe du Jour, for something a bit more formal;
Carson city saloon, Mullens, Marios or smokin joes if you want bar food that's better then the other choices.
I'd give Emilianos 2 big thumbs up if you like Mexican, lins asian fusion is good as well.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:25 AM

218 posts, read 155,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPGH View Post
I can't say enough good things about Piper's Pub. Best pub food in the city I think. Be prepared for a food coma afterwards though! Dish Osteria is a great off-the-beaten path mediterranean Italian place. Very small, good wine selection, and the owner is an Italian guy that is extremely friendly. He'll always stop by your table. I hear great things about Cafe du Jour as well, but havent' been myself. The second two suggestions are a little higher end than Piper's.

The above Took the words out of my mouth.. Pipers food is very good and always have some nice brews on tap.. Dish is great food, but def more expensive, worth it... Look at thier website

Fat Heads is great for sandwhiches and beer type venue; .. I personally like City Grill also.

Mallorca too me is not worth a trip , along with Pittsburgh Steak Co. , nothing too special IMHO

Old 10-13-2011, 09:25 AM

20,274 posts, read 17,277,226 times
East Carson has an amazing variety of places. But if your key word is "fun", I'd probably go with Fat Head's.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:30 AM

12,419 posts, read 9,401,562 times
Double Wide Grill is fun, too, but the food and service aren't stellar. I fifth the recommendations for Pipers', and will throw out Local as a suggestion, too.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:34 AM

3,313 posts, read 1,808,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Double Wide Grill is fun, too, but the food and service aren't stellar. I fifth the recommendations for Pipers', and will throw out Local as a suggestion, too.
Forgot about Local, it's fairly new & definitely worth checking out. I personally think the food at double wide is pretty bad & would skip it in favor of any of the above.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:40 AM

4,262 posts, read 3,746,388 times
Nakama. They have a sushi bar and a hibachi area in the back where the chefs do thier fancy utensil flips and flame shows.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:43 AM

Fat Head's is also great –*I just always end up avoiding it due to the long wait. There's one place I totally forgot about - YO RITA! I haven't been there in about a year, but Kevin Sousa developed the menu while he was working on Salt of the Earth, and if it's still in good shape there then it's worth checking out for non-standard tacos. They have some crazy stuff on the menu.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:44 AM

No offense, but I think Nakama is one of the most overrated restaurants in the city. In fact, the food is flat out terrible. Definitely the worst sushi I've had in this city. It's completely full of south side club trash and is mostly just a singles scene for idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh