Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 11:08 AM

674 posts, read 1,412,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Last I heard was mid-December opening.
Today they have the entire front off and they are blocking the sidewalk with equipment. Looks like the inside is drywalled, but that's about it. Looks like they have some work to do if they're going for a mid-December opening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 01:50 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghgirl17 View Post
Today they have the entire front off and they are blocking the sidewalk with equipment. Looks like the inside is drywalled, but that's about it. Looks like they have some work to do if they're going for a mid-December opening.
Having done a cafe buildout, if the drywall is in, that implies the plumbing and electric are done, thus things can move really fast from here on. I imagine there's a big incentive to get open during this calendar year for tax purposes - you can write off a ton of expenses against a few days of revenue.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:56 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times
Quote:
I imagine there's a big incentive to get open during this calendar year for tax purposes - you can write off a ton of expenses against a few days of revenue.
I just called the Mt. Lebanon location. They're not sure, but they hope to be open in Market Square on Dec. 15. That's 34 days from today. Given the "double any time estimate" rule, they should be open Jan. 24.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:48 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,819,013 times
Quote:
Having done a cafe buildout, if the drywall is in, that implies the plumbing and electric are done, thus things can move really fast from here on. I imagine there's a big incentive to get open during this calendar year for tax purposes - you can write off a ton of expenses against a few days of revenue.
Provided the pizza oven is functional three weeks is plenty of time to finish up.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I just called the Mt. Lebanon location. They're not sure, but they hope to be open in Market Square on Dec. 15. That's 34 days from today. Given the "double any time estimate" rule, they should be open Jan. 24.
Not even sure if they'll make your adjuster estimate. The facade is still a total mess.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:01 AM

Signage is up, as well as an "opening soon" banner and a help wanted sign.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:46 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
That place is so expensive for pizza. I mean $16 for a plain? Guess people think that is worth it and they are expanding, so it must be that good? Some dough, a few slices of cheap fresh mozzarella, some tomatoes and a few leaves of basil. Is it really that good to justify that price? Is the $16 pizza enough for two people, or is it meant to be a single person's dish?

Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 AM

2,001 posts, read 2,512,778 times
H_curtis, the pizza made by Pizzaiolo - at least the mt lebanon location - looks and tastes exactly like in Italy. I for instance, would pay $16 for the real thing once in a while than getting XXX's crap. (Initially I had put the name of a well kown pizza chain, but then I deleted). The fact is all pizza chain products can even bear comparison with Pizzaiolo, although among them some are better than others. It's like comparing Giant Eagle Bakery to Chatellier's products, or Giant Eagle.s bread (the squishy one that last a month !!!) to Chatellier's country French breads that only last few days.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:08 AM

2,420 posts, read 4,712,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
That place is so expensive for pizza. I mean $16 for a plain? Guess people think that is worth it and they are expanding, so it must be that good? Some dough, a few slices of cheap fresh mozzarella, some tomatoes and a few leaves of basil. Is it really that good to justify that price? Is the $16 pizza enough for two people, or is it meant to be a single person's dish?
never had their pizza, but buffalo mozzerella is decidedly not cheap. getting sloppy dude, stick to concern trolling.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:32 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,819,013 times
even in Italy they offer the option of cow's milk mozzarella. If I were them I'd offer that option with fresh cow's milk mozzarella. I wonder if they'll be able to offer slighlty lower prices downtown since volume is important in the pizza business. it is good pizza though and I'd pay $16 for it now and again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh