Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 07:30 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,296,782 times

Advertisements

Can you tell it snowed today?

What an awesome day today was!!!!

http://www.commercialphotoservices.com/October%2029-2011.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 09:15 PM

2,458 posts, read 4,202,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
It sure is. The fall colors and that nice snow is beautiful. Of course our two posts are soon to be eclipsed by all the people complaining. This is a Pittsburgh forum, not a Colorado one where people enjoy seasons.
Tis true, those pictures were gorgeous! Absolutely memorable. But it would be a shame to sully those beautiful memories and replace them with ones of snow that snarls traffic, and eventually turns into a brown and slushy mess. Best that it not snow anymore this winter...

Old 10-30-2011, 12:36 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
The snow truly was gorgeous today. It was also bizarre how localized the relatively heavier amounts were. For example, I made a delivery today in the Eastmont section of Wilkins Twp. (basically the large residential area up the hill behind Sheetz) and the roads there were becoming snow-covered and slippery. They probably had about three inches. Here in the city we had just a thick enough coating to make things look pretty.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:36 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post
This hasn't happened so early in years. I do remember one Halloween when my kids were small, when they had to wear boots and winter jackets to go trick-or-treating.

@Mugatu: Those pics are gorgeous. I've got one as the background on my desktop.
If I recall correctly, we had a moderate wet snowstorm in the Pittsburgh area in the first week of October '05. It downed a lot of trees, as the leaves hadn't turned and fallen yet. I dunno if the entire area was hit with it though.

As for you snow lovers, you guys can have it. After receiving picture messages of the snow from my friends and family at 5am (time difference), I slept a little longer, then went to the beach in flip flops and ate tacos.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:45 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times
Gorgeous photo Algia. Is the snow still on the ground or did it all melt of yesterday? What a crazy storm! We even had snow down my way. Check it out--this is my yard on Saturday, looking more like January than October.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:52 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,296,782 times
Thank you.

No, the snow was gone by the time we got back from the parade! I think my evening photo is just above actually, where the sky was so clear and pretty, no one would have guessed we had such a snowy morning. LOL

http://ag-photography.smugmug.com/Events/Mt-Lebanon-Pumpkin-Patch/19804338_RG5tZw#1556511716_QXQjkGX (broken link)

Nice yard you have there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Gorgeous photo Algia. Is the snow still on the ground or did it all melt of yesterday? What a crazy storm! We even had snow down my way. Check it out--this is my yard on Saturday, looking more like January than October.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh