U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 01:14 PM

4,337 posts, read 2,922,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
eggs on her drunk attorney husband to pick a fight with me on the scene.
Well you could always learn MMA, start a business for other gays who want to learn to defend themselves and call it MMGay.

Now you'll be super rich!

Old 11-09-2011, 01:17 PM

666 posts, read 1,258,819 times
Quote:
I just don't understand my string of adversity lately:

1.) A woman plows through a red light, totals my car, leaves me with neck pain, lies to the police and says she has the green light, and eggs on her drunk attorney husband to pick a fight with me on the scene.

2.) An elderly woman just veers right into the side of my boss's vehicle without warning as she was growing impatient waiting behind another vehicle in front of her that was trying to turn left. This accident results in me losing one of my jobs, even though I was not at all at-fault.

3.) Some ghetto trash comes literally RACING down Brereton Street here in Polish Hill, loses control, takes out a nun's parked Hyundai, and pushes it into the front of my new Civic Hybrid.

I'm at the point now where I don't even know who to sue for what!
This all sounds familiar to me, can't figure out from where, though. Oh, I just remembered:

Final Destination Trailer (2000) - YouTube

Did you happen to cheat death recently? :P

Old 11-09-2011, 01:51 PM

26,089 posts, read 45,334,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallacus View Post
Did you happen to cheat death recently? :P
No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

Old 11-09-2011, 04:50 PM

1,558 posts, read 1,444,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post

Don't forget they'll be probably be driving an overpriced, oversized, gas guzzling SUV and do mega damage to some regular working guys car. Oh..and it won't be her fault of course.
Quote:

To be fair the jerk who ran a red light and totaled my Mazda on 09/29 in Squirrel Hill was a teacher from Point Breeze (in the city), and she was driving a massive Honda Pilot. I'm still waiting for that apology!
Quote:

1.) A woman plows through a red light, totals my car, leaves me with neck pain, lies to the police and says she has the green light, and eggs on her drunk attorney husband to pick a fight with me on the scene.
Yeah I rest my case...a soccer/consumer mom in a Honda Pilot that's married to an attorney? That's probably one of the scariest things on the road in any city. Shame on you for expecting an apology and not taking the blame! Well look on the bright side at least she just hit you and you're not married to her. In all seriousness though...sorry to hear about the bad luck.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:25 PM

26,089 posts, read 45,334,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Yeah I rest my case...a soccer/consumer mom in a Honda Pilot that's married to an attorney? That's probably one of the scariest things on the road in any city. Shame on you for expecting an apology and not taking the blame! Well look on the bright side at least she just hit you and you're not married to her. In all seriousness though...sorry to hear about the bad luck.
The sad thing is that those people are probably STILL not admitting any culpability, even after BOTH insurance companies found her at-fault after the police report also found her at fault after a witness driving behind her also found her at fault. I'm going to be waiting a long time, apparently, for an apology for how callous and rude they were that evening to me in an attempt to bastardize me in front of the cops for leverage.

This whole experience has been a nightmare. I lost one of my two jobs because of it and am afraid to go into work at my second job all the time now. I just want things to go back to the way they were the day before my FIRST accident.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:33 PM

3,893 posts, read 3,759,092 times
There are some terrible drivers in this city. I think part of it is the tangle of roads, and the density, especially in the East End, where cars and drivers are practically crammed together. I really wish I worked somewhere like Moon Township instead of the East Liberty/ Larimer area.

Since I bought my new Mitsubishi in May, two drivers have rear-ended me, resulting in minor bumper damage. The first time I just paid a few hundred to have the bumper repainted (didn't want to deal with insurance companies after my major accident in February!). This time I just put a bumper sticker over the damage ("I Support Main Street, USA"). It's bound to happen again. I think I'll just wait for another idiot driver who's not watching where he's going to rear-end me, then take him to the cleaners. I'm done being nice!

Old 11-09-2011, 08:44 PM

3,166 posts, read 4,102,581 times
Quote:

2.) An elderly woman just veers right into the side of my boss's vehicle without warning as she was growing impatient waiting behind another vehicle in front of her that was trying to turn left. This accident results in me losing one of my jobs, even though I was not at all at-fault.

3.) Some ghetto trash comes literally RACING down Brereton Street here in Polish Hill, loses control, takes out a nun's parked Hyundai, and pushes it into the front of my new Civic Hybrid.

I'm at the point now where I don't even know who to sue for what!
Perhaps a course in defensive driving is in order. It might help you to learn how to avoid accidents.

Sorry that you were fired because of the second accident. How awful that they fired you over this one thing! They must have already been planning that and used the accident as an excuse. Are they giving your job to a relative or friend? Or did they have some other reason for letting you go?

Old 11-09-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
Perhaps a course in defensive driving is in order. It might help you to learn how to avoid accidents.
So it's the victim's responsibility to take defensive driving courses, instead of the wrongful driver's responsibility to learn how to drive carefully?

Old 11-09-2011, 08:50 PM

3,166 posts, read 4,102,581 times
Quote:
The sad thing is that those people are probably STILL not admitting any culpability, even after BOTH insurance companies found her at-fault after the police report also found her at fault after a witness driving behind her also found her at fault. I'm going to be waiting a long time, apparently, for an apology for how callous and rude they were that evening to me in an attempt to bastardize me in front of the cops for leverage.

This whole experience has been a nightmare. I lost one of my two jobs because of it and am afraid to go into work at my second job all the time now. I just want things to go back to the way they were the day before my FIRST accident.
You cannot really expect someone to admit culpability and apologize to you for an accident! NO lawyer would EVER advise anyone to do that. It opens you up for all kinds of lawsuits. It would be incredibly stupid to apologize for an accident, ever. Methinks you know that. I know that I learned that when I was getting my driver's license at 16. I suspect you did too. Apologizing at an Accident Scene | AAG Insurance

Old 11-09-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
You cannot really expect someone to admit culpability and apologize to you for an accident! NO lawyer would EVER advise anyone to do that. It opens you up for all kinds of lawsuits. It would be incredibly stupid to apologize for an accident, ever. Methinks you know that. I know that I learned that when I was getting my driver's license at 16. I suspect you did too. Apologizing at an Accident Scene | AAG Insurance
I think if someone knows they were at fault in an accident, it is wrong to blame the other person. If I hit someone and knew I was to blame for the accident, I would take responsibility for my actions and apologize to the other driver. I think that is part of being a good person. I think the whole insurance industry is corrupt -- it encourages people to lie to save their own money, even when they know they are being dishonest. I can understand when someone is not sure if they are at fault, and cover their ass in that instance, but if you know you are at fault, you should own up! It sucks when major industries encourage people to be unethical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh