Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 03:12 PM

116 posts, read 212,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
But still your willing to use your organization to commit voter fraud.....as a resident of Fox Chapel you have no voter rights in the City of Pittsburgh politics
People outside of the city limits are still allowed to donate to a mayor canidate's campaign, right? So while it's highly unlikely, hcurtis could influence the election.

Hcurtis, in a dreamworld, which city resident would you financially support for mayor and how much would you give?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 03:53 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,893,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyTheHun View Post
People outside of the city limits are still allowed to donate to a mayor canidate's campaign, right? So while it's highly unlikely, hcurtis could influence the election.
Sure they could, but why??? you still by law cannot cast a Vote pertaining to city politics...waste of money imo, unless you have some deep rooted dislike for someone in the city government who isn't even paying attention to you where it matters.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:00 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
calm down people. I am a city slicker. Meet me in Lawrenceville tonight if you want to meet someone as educated as I. I am going to grace them with my presence.

Hope all enjoy themselves. This is just a forum after all. Have some fund and enjoy life. It is a great experience. We are only here for a short time, enjoy the time we have. Life is good.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:39 PM

116 posts, read 212,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
calm down people. I am a city slicker. Meet me in Lawrenceville tonight if you want to meet someone as educated as I. I am going to grace them with my presence.

Hope all enjoy themselves. This is just a forum after all. Have some fund and enjoy life. It is a great experience. We are only here for a short time, enjoy the time we have. Life is good.
I'll be there with gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrhh for you.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post

LOL

Old 11-20-2011, 04:38 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,778,287 times
Yes, he is!

Old 11-20-2011, 05:53 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
except this is NOT just one kid. EIGHT victims have testified before the grand jury, and it's hard to keep track but i believe the total number who have come forward is about TWENTY, with incidents possibly dating back to the 70s and eyewitness accounts from at least 2 adults who don't seem to know each other. *that* is why people are "acting this way before the trial date". it is virtually impossible that all of these people are just making everything up, so it is perfectly logical to conclude that the guy is guilty as hell.
Yep. The two eyewitnesses (a janitor and an intern) of separate incidents that were years apart is enough to prove guilt for me. This isn't a biased Nancy Grace reporting selected information. This information is the result of a full legal investigation. Sandusky even admitted on the news to rough-housing with boys in the shower! So we know for a fact that he was showering with boys. That alone is a violation of law. And the witnessed incident at the lockers can't be discounted as rough-housing in a shower.

I understand Paterno didn't break the law, he reported the first incident to the Chancellor. But he had a moral obligation to press the matter when nothing was done, especially when there was a second witness to another incident. Prior to the news reports that he might be asked to step down, I was sitting there wondering what the heck he's still doing there, even though he didn't break the law.

As for Franko supporting Paterno, I don't hold that against him as a person. He has a right to his opinion, especially when Paterno followed the law legally. But Franko should understand that his support of Paterno is in conflict with his participation in organizations involving children. He should be smart enough to understand the morals clause of his contract and that he risked being asked to step down if he publicly supported Paterno.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:31 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,652,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Yep. The two eyewitnesses (a janitor and an intern) of separate incidents that were years apart is enough to prove guilt for me. This isn't a biased Nancy Grace reporting selected information. This information is the result of a full legal investigation. Sandusky even admitted on the news to rough-housing with boys in the shower! So we know for a fact that he was showering with boys. That alone is a violation of law. And the witnessed incident at the lockers can't be discounted as rough-housing in a shower.

I understand Paterno didn't break the law, he reported the first incident to the Chancellor. But he had a moral obligation to press the matter when nothing was done, especially when there was a second witness to another incident. Prior to the news reports that he might be asked to step down, I was sitting there wondering what the heck he's still doing there, even though he didn't break the law.

As for Franko supporting Paterno, I don't hold that against him as a person. He has a right to his opinion, especially when Paterno followed the law legally. But Franko should understand that his support of Paterno is in conflict with his participation in organizations involving children. He should be smart enough to understand the morals clause of his contract and that he risked being asked to step down if he publicly supported Paterno.
Funny line in bold there, but oh so true. And this pretty well perfectly sums up the situation to me as well, with Sandusky, Paterno and Franco. It's so dead on that more typing by me would be repetitive, so I'll just stop.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:44 AM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,371 times
I believe this whole case is thwart with emotional responses--which is very understood. Perhaps if the original players would have responded with a bit more emotional versus intellect Sanduskly would not have had the opportunity to continue to abuse boys or live freely for so long afterwards.

I do not know Mr. Harris personally so I cannot speak to his character beyond his public persona. But he too is an emotional responder to this--just for the "other side". I think if he would have thought this through...he could have voiced his support for Paterno in a more appropriate manner without demeaning in part the magnitude of what has happened. I do not think he should have been fired but I do understand why he was.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:09 AM

Something tells me Franco was more than willing to step down from Pittsburgh Promise to continue to his cheerleading for Paterno....So that tells me enough to where his priorities lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh