Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 11:33 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,939,041 times

Advertisements

Incidentally, that isn't the first bizarre thing to happen in that particular Red Lobster parking lot. About 10 years ago, I had a couple of friends who worked in that restaurant. Around the same time of year, they were having an all-you-can-eat special to coincide with the start of the Christmas shopping season. My friends worked the evening shift at the time, and were there until the place closed for the night. They were finding garbage bags in the parking lot filled with barf every night during the time the "all you can eat" special was in effect. Families were stuffing their faces with seafood, going out into the parking lot and vomiting into garbage bags, then going back in and eating more. How disgusting is that?

I'm all for getting one's "money's worth", but damn. Also, if you're gonna do something that vile, at the very least have the energy to dispose of the evidence in the dumpster, rather than leave it lay there beside your car for someone else to clean up.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:29 PM

1,104 posts, read 2,578,119 times
I think the reason we hear about stuff happening in Hempfield on occasion is because it's located in a heavily traveled throughfare (Route 30) and it serves as the major shopping area for a 20-25 mile radius. It's definitely a destinational commercial center in the true sense as it attracts people from Fayette, Somerset, Indiana, Cambria, Armstrong counties as well as eastern Allegheny County and far western Maryland. Robinson could also be compared in that sense because of the proximity of the interstate and the airport, not so much the malls located within but the general area in itself attracts people from as far away as West Virginia and Ohio.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:02 PM

659 posts, read 1,140,719 times
Wow..Seal that is awfully sick! I cant imagine why anyone would do that! Sick Sick Sick!
Neuro, yes, I think you have it spot on here, yup!
Tally...I do believe "control" is a huge factor in family violence, I know of a few people who feel that if everyone is not in their control, they lose it...and I seen it firsthand too...

Old 12-10-2011, 01:31 PM

377 posts, read 648,783 times
My coworkers son goes to SVC with the victim. Very sad and everyone that knew him is devastated. Apparently a very nice kid. The family was pretty religious from what I have heard. The son went to Seton La Salle and then onto SVC. I can wrap my head around being so depressed that one may commit suicide but to kill your own child....very hard for me to grasp. Situations like this cannot be explained because there is no good reason. I will pray for the friends and family of the son and mother. It's just terrible.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:42 PM

Never ever a good excuse to abuse or kill your own child....none, not even mental illness...its just sick..plain sick.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartchya View Post
I can wrap my head around being so depressed that one may commit suicide but to kill your own child....very hard for me to grasp.
Much less unload into someone like that! My God, she shot him five times! That to me shows a strong degree of malice.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
Wow..Seal that is awfully sick! I cant imagine why anyone would do that! Sick Sick Sick!
Tell me about it. I can see stuffing your face at an all you can eat buffet. I've done that before. But leaving to puke, so that you can return and do it all over again? There's something just fundamentally wrong with that on so many levels. According to my friends, the people doing this weren't low-class types. At least not economically. They were average middle class families driving new SUV's.....Barfing in a communal garbage bag so that they could gorge themselves on shellfish twice for the price of once. Sick.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:24 PM

22 posts, read 61,522 times
Ok, I wasn't going to post, for privacy issues as this is my family, thanks for the prayers. please understand how depression is devestating.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:04 PM

I am so sorry, I have dealt with this in my own family...I offer my condolences to you and your family and ask for this thread to be removed..in hindsight, it was a bad idea. When I had posted this, it was out of being able to relate to what had happened on some level, I Had a gun pointed at me too by my own mother of all people... I was just lucky I guess it did not go off..and btw, no one know who you are on here, unless you tell them who you are..my best to you and yours...

Old 12-10-2011, 10:33 PM

i ask that this thread be closed, and I am sorry for your loss...very much so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh