Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 10:08 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times

Advertisements

The Mayor should have stopped this from happening. This is an embarasment to the City of Pittsburgh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 01:15 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
I am sure all the good folks in Pittsburgh are ecstatic and thrilled that real world is coming to town.

The true measure of whether or not a city has arrived socially is its appearance on real world.

I just cant imagine any better news for the great city of Pittsburgh----there are going to be wild celebratons all over town tonight----the partying will make super bowl celebrations appear meek.
It's indirect advertising, nothing more, nothing less.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:29 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,085,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
I am sure all the good folks in Pittsburgh are ecstatic and thrilled that real world is coming to town.

The true measure of whether or not a city has arrived socially is its appearance on real world.

I just cant imagine any better news for the great city of Pittsburgh----there are going to be wild celebratons all over town tonight----the partying will make super bowl celebrations appear meek.

Yes, the Real World is a pretty meaningless and rediculous show at this point. However, when you're a revitalized city in the rust belt, any publicity is good publicity.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:12 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,370 times
Just to let you guys from Pittsburgh know that I have a great amount of respect for your fine city.
It has indeed come a long way---a truly great job of revitalizaton.

I always enjoyed coming to Pittsburgh----its a nice looking city with the rolling hills, the three river area, and a great downtown area.

The people in Pittsburgh are great---friendly and decent folks.

I am also from a rust belt city that has and still is undergoing a revitilization effort---Milwaukee.
They have a done a pretty solid job there also in making the city a much better place to live.

I was being a little sarcastic in my comments about real world---I know Pittsburgh doesnt need real world, but hey as airwave09 and Gnutella have pointed out, I guess any free advertising is better than nothing.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:37 PM

41 posts, read 87,275 times
The author of the now-removed "Real World: Pittsburgh" Wikipedia article admits he goofed. His sources stated that there were to be casting calls in Pittsburgh, not that the show would take place there.

From Rob Owen's TV Q&A:
" But the Pittsburgh Film Office has heard nothing about local production of “The Real World” – aside from calls from local TV news reporters also chasing down the rumor – and a source in MTV’s publicity department also said she was unaware of “Real World” coming to Pittsburgh. "

Old 01-05-2012, 02:35 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugo View Post
The author of the now-removed "Real World: Pittsburgh" Wikipedia article admits he goofed. His sources stated that there were to be casting calls in Pittsburgh, not that the show would take place there.

From Rob Owen's TV Q&A:
" But the Pittsburgh Film Office has heard nothing about local production of “The Real World” – aside from calls from local TV news reporters also chasing down the rumor – and a source in MTV’s publicity department also said she was unaware of “Real World” coming to Pittsburgh. "
I did think there was a chance it could all be a hoax.

At least American Idol came to town, last summer -- finally.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:21 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,018,179 times
Oh well.

Maybe someone will do the equivalent and start a soft-core production company in town.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:47 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,882,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Oh well.

Maybe someone will do the equivalent and start a soft-core production company in town.
There's already a guy that makes weird cult films here about invisible women in lingerie. No clue where they're filmed but he basically runs (or at least used to) the thing using the computers at the university of pittsburgh law school library and the phones in the lower lever of the law school that calls on-campus for free to talk to potential actresses (students). Its all kinda creepy & the guy involved looked homeless.

Your Own Femme Invisible!

The Femmes Invisible Database/Frequently Asked Questions

Old 01-06-2012, 06:34 AM

173 posts, read 309,679 times
I have a pretty solid source that said they're coming, it'll be interesting to see if he's right (He'd have to be lying to be wrong). Very vague, so I apologize, but it's information he shouldn't have told me, protect your sources or you won't have any!

I suppose his information could have been based off the rumors ... I'll have to ask where he stands now.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,895,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjtocool View Post
I have a pretty solid source that said they're coming, it'll be interesting to see if he's right (He'd have to be lying to be wrong). Very vague, so I apologize, but it's information he shouldn't have told me, protect your sources or you won't have any!

I suppose his information could have been based off the rumors ... I'll have to ask where he stands now.
I too am in a wait an see, again I got confirmation straight from my source inside MTV....I only posted the Wiki info after what my friend told me as I was looking for something more confirming on the web.

Rob Owen - PLEASE!!!! If MTV wants to keep this on the DL why hell would they come out and say "YEPPERS WERE FILMING IN THE BURGH" So he can write it in the PG and the secrets out and everybody in town is Looking for the Real World Crew and their 15 mins of fame every time the cast enters a bar or club....

If MTV is filming in the Burgh they're going to keep it on the extreme Down Low until they're ready let the cat out of the bag.

I don't believe they're going to start filming until the Spring in better weather probably with the season airing next fall.

I believe my contact....so i'm in a wait and see...I'll keep pressing her to see if can get something a little more concrete...We're having dinner later this month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh