U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2011, 08:28 AM

63 posts, read 96,485 times

Advertisements

Anyone with any feedback on Squires Manor Apartments?
Squires Manor Apartments
7000 Squires Manor Ln, South Park, PA 15129

Reviews Squires Manor Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other South Park apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com from this year are mixed but past reviews are pretty bad.

Is there an agency or organization that keeps tracks of complaints against a landlord? For every single place my wife and I find there are horrible complaints, but would be nice to see legal complaints against the management or building.

For example a tenant wrote that they pool the heat charge and then break it down amongst the tenants. Is that even legal?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 08:52 AM

7,542 posts, read 8,999,808 times
I don't know anything about Squires Manor, but South Park to Canonsburg sounds like a real bear of a commute, especially with all of that new stuff at Donaldson's Crossroads and the Southpointe in between them.

If you were closer to Pittsburgh, I'd highly recommend you drive it yourself and see.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:22 AM

31,438 posts, read 70,435,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisco1844 View Post
For example a tenant wrote that they pool the heat charge and then break it down amongst the tenants. Is that even legal?
That's the way my complex back in Northern Virginia did things, and it was legal there. I'd assume it's also legal to do so in PA. It was really a drag, though. As a single person who is rather ecologically-conscious I try to minimize my carbon footprint and conserve energy, water, and other resources. I could have been paying more for my monthly utilities if I was in a building with a lot of people who had children (and, thus, greater utility usage) than a more wasteful individual living in an adjacent building with fewer occupants overall. It really wasn't a fair set-up.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:23 AM

18,717 posts, read 28,330,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I could have been paying more for my monthly utilities if I was in a building with a lot of people who had children
?? How would having children change the amount of heating used by each unit?

These types of apartment buildings operate like office buildings. Each unit has the option to change their individual thermostat, so to that extent the individual units may use up slightly different amounts of heat over time. However, the number of people in a unit doesn't change the amount of heat generated to keep a room at the chosen temperature. In other words, whether there is 1 person or 2 people or 6 people in an office/apartment, the same amount of heat will be generated to keep that room at 68 degrees (or whatever other temperature is chosen).

Old 12-19-2011, 10:25 AM

482 posts, read 1,129,777 times
Most people generally prefer to maintain a higher temperature with children.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2187 View Post
^ This.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2187 View Post
Maybe, although I suspect young singles may crank up the heat more than they think. Especially during the wee hours of the morning, when it's coldest.

I know a few 20-somethings, and the ones I know always seem to have lots of friends over in the middle of the night, not to mention lots of people coming and going for beer runs or to get something out of a car.

Think how much heat escapes when you stand in the doorway paying the pizza guy! Or when the front door is opened 20-30 times a night. The young singles I know don't sit around in coats or lots of bulky layers. If they're coming over to hang our with friends they tend to wear lightweight clothes because they look nice. Guys like looking at girls, which mean they're going to keep a room warm and toasty so those jackets come off!

Old 12-19-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Guys like looking at girls, which mean they're going to keep a room warm and toasty so those jackets come off!
Guys may also intentionally keep their places cool so they can see another anatomical part of the female upper body much more distinctly.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Guys may also intentionally keep their places cool so they can see another anatomical part of the female upper body much more distinctly.
But.... that only works when girls are wearing thin tops. If a girl has to wear a few bulky layers, topped off by a heavy sweater, that guy's not gonna see much of anything. And the girl's gonna look kind of chunky, too.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:16 PM

63 posts, read 96,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
I don't know anything about Squires Manor, but South Park to Canonsburg sounds like a real bear of a commute, especially with all of that new stuff at Donaldson's Crossroads and the Southpointe in between them.
Thanks for feedback. Right now I only have the internet and feedback on this forum to go by. Won't get there until January. At best my wife may go to check things out.

So it is a troublesome commute because of road work, lights or something else? Google maps showed 3 different routes to Canonsburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh