Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 01:57 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,631,148 times

Advertisements

Hey maybe we can get Arcade Fire to finally play here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 01:59 PM

598 posts, read 748,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Bring on the unemployed hipster masses!
No way! That's what Portland is for! That's why Portland is "Out"

Old 12-28-2011, 02:02 PM

4,599 posts, read 6,719,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
We got da Clarks and Dahny Iris, hellz'at Arcadia bullcrap?

Old 12-28-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
We got da Clarks and Dahny Iris, hellz'at Arcadia bullcrap?
Wait, Arcadia was a Duran Duran spinoff band, lol

Oh we do have The Stickers (ugh!)

Old 12-28-2011, 02:10 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Quote:
Take it up with the bozo in charge of LiveNation's Cleveland district. He can't use inadequate venues as an excuse anymore, nor can he make his claims about Pittsburgh's musical preferences vis-a-vis Cleveland's without losing all credibility. For example, he's probably not aware that Cleveland's country station (WGAR) gets higher ratings than Pittsburgh's (WDSY), or that Pittsburgh's Top 40 station (WKST) gets higher ratings than Cleveland's (WAKS).

Old 12-28-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Take it up with the bozo in charge of LiveNation's Cleveland district. He can't use inadequate venues as an excuse anymore, nor can he make his claims about Pittsburgh's musical preferences vis-a-vis Cleveland without losing all credibility. (For example, he's probably not aware that Cleveland's country station gets higher ratings than Pittsburgh's, or that Pittsburgh's Top 40 station gets higher ratings than Cleveland's.)
Pittsburgh has more country stations though. Don't forget, we're in Froggyland!

Live Nation only books at the Consol and Star Lake Coca Cola Post Gazette First Niagara Pavilion.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Pittsburgh has more country stations though. Don't forget, we're in Froggyland!
That's because all the "Froggy" stations either have weak transmitters or are located on the geographic fringes of the market. WOGG broadcasts across Greene and Fayette Counties, and WOGI broadcasts across Beaver and Lawrence Counties. (WOGH broadcasts across east-central Ohio and the panhandle of West Virginia.)

Old 12-28-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Live Nation only books at the Consol and Star Lake Coca Cola Post Gazette First Niagara Pavilion.
I can understand country and classic rock at Starlake, but not at CONSOL Energy Center. At least LiveNation doesn't book at Stage AE. Expect Arcade Fire there.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I can understand country and classic rock at Starlake, but not at CONSOL Energy Center. At least LiveNation doesn't book at Stage AE. Expect Arcade Fire there.
I wish I was more optimistic about it, but the big corporate radio stations around here refuses to update thier playlists. Therefore the support is not here.

Look atr Radiohead. They are huge, but when was the last time they played Pittsburgh? They opened for Alanis Morrisette at Star Lake in the mid 90s. The only stations that play both bands are pretty much college radio and WYEP. None of those stations have enough money to help promote either band to perfome here.

Face it Arcade Fire won't come because they are still pretty much unknown here. Promoters would rather book Brett Michaels (been here three times this year, four last year, with and without Poison), Lynyrd Skynyrd, Kenney Chesney or Jimmy Buffet.

I emailed Opus One Productions once and they said that they wish they can get bands like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, MGMT or Band of Horses here, they told me that it's too much of a risk to book those kind of bands here because they are pretty much unknown here (including Arcade Fire, Muse, Mumford or Florence.)

Old 12-28-2011, 03:05 PM

354 posts, read 475,725 times
Quote:
I want to know "HOW????????" Pittsburgh is not liberal enough to be "in." How can an old city (I will say it, behind in the times, [meaning fashion and pop culture trends] ) be "in?"

I said it, so shoot me.
If you were "in", you'd know that being "in" is so out these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh