Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 12:19 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,821,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins View Post
Younger BUPPIES require more than just jazz.

[...]

A few of the institutions that cater to BUPPIES would be
I was on the bus yesterday, and a young black woman got on the bus in L'ville wearing hipster garb: big black glasses; natural looking hair, tied back; face piercings galore; a cute little leather coat; an "animal" hat; a plaid shirt. If she were white, she would obviously be called a hipster.

My question: is she a BIPSTER? A BLIPSTER?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 12:37 PM

747 posts, read 1,225,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I was on the bus yesterday, and a young black woman got on the bus in L'ville wearing hipster garb: big black glasses; natural looking hair, tied back; face piercings galore; a cute little leather coat; an "animal" hat; a plaid shirt. If she were white, she would obviously be called a hipster.

My question: is she a BIPSTER? A BLIPSTER?
I am not sure of what the definition of hipster is. I am 36 years old and somewhat out of the loop. What makes a Hipster a Hipster?

Minus the piercings, you decribed my 12 year old daughter! Although she flat irons her hair regularly, she will wear it natural during swimming season.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:40 PM

14,169 posts, read 22,579,875 times
Quote:
From what I understand, there were 100+ patrons in the club prior to security arriving. One bouncer said that others (bouncers) may have been paid off to allow the guns in the club. It is usually an inside job when weapons are fired inside of a secured club. The gunmen may have used an alternate entrance and paid the bouncer 1-2K according to the bouncer who wished to remain anonymous.
If this is true, then what really sucks is, any bouncer who was offered money and said "no" might end up shot themselves, and the other bouncer who spoke could be in danger of being shot if he didn't speak anonymously. I believe that this is the biggest reason why crime tends to spiral out of control in lower-class black neighborhoods: the ludicrous "no snitching" policy. Problem is, there's no way anybody can take back a neighborhood without "snitching" to some degree.

Of course, I understand the reluctance to cooperate with authorities if it means that you become a target for doing so, but ultimately, nothing gets solved, and the situation never gets any better. This is part of why I don't hate Ray Lewis as much as some people do. I believe that he knows who killed those people in Atlanta 12 years ago, but had his life threatened if he helped the police crack the case, so the choice was simple for him: get slapped with felony obstruction of justice and live, or cooperate with the police and die. He chose to live, albeit with a felony conviction, and the case remains unsolved.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:44 PM

4,599 posts, read 6,683,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
i was on the bus yesterday, and a young black woman got on the bus in l'ville wearing hipster garb: Big black glasses; natural looking hair, tied back; face piercings galore; a cute little leather coat; an "animal" hat; a plaid shirt. If she were white, she would obviously be called a hipster.

My question: Is she a bipster? A blipster?
who are you callin' a napster you crackster!?

Old 01-04-2012, 12:59 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,764,588 times
Quote:
We also have learned to use flex spaces and change locations periodically. You have to keep them (*****Z) guessing
Sure doesn't seem fair! I really feel for those having to deal with such a thing. I guess you all keep going and it will bare fruit in years to come. Eventually the wrong crowd might realize they are not welcome. Wishing you the best wipipkins. Thanks for educating us all on the ins and outs of all this. It is an interesting study and seems to be ever-changing. Back in my day, all this stuff wasn't going on, or at least not to my knowledge.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:37 PM

14,169 posts, read 22,579,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Doesn't seem that middle class black people can have anything nice, the minute they open a club or whatever, the ghetto thugs are right behind to ruin it. Sad Example...

Chris Rock - Black People VS. *****z (Bring the Pain 1996) - YouTube
"Can't keep a disco open more than three weeks! Grand opening, grand closing!"

Fits the topic perfectly, unfortunately.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:56 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,208,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
The article says this new owner only opened this club two months ago. This is the first incident under her ownership.
The article is incorrect. The owner has owned the other clubs located there too, just under different names.

This repost below taken from "Hammer" and the BARSMART forums;

108-114 19th Street
MC Ventures LLC
License No R 553
LID: 65743
Company officer: Annamarie Loris (Manager)
This is the same license used at Isoldi's, who's manager was AnnaMarie Loris... and those records also list her as President, Secretary, Director and Stockholder.
Two other names on that license Vincenzo Isoldi (President, Secretary, Director) and Ebony M Murray (Manager)
Since 2010 Isoldi's racked up an impressive 4 LCB violations. 1 underage violation (3 girls), not paying the AC liquor tax since April 2009 (total owed $24,078.45), and then in 2011 the LCB just stared throwing the book at them.
Case 2011-0681 - Operated without valid health permit or license, didn't keep up their lCE records, "REFUSED AND/OR FAILED TO PROVIDE THE BAORD WITH INFORMATION REGARDING THE INVOLVEMENT OF CARL VALENTI AND PIERCE ROBERSON", accused of not being a real restaurant (not enough food, or seats, or forks..) oh and they charged women $15 a the door and men $25.
Case 2011-0759 - Didn't empty before 2:30am, let patrons leave with drinks, allowed smoking when they were no smoking, and didn't post no-smoking signs.
All the names here only appear in these two LCB records.
I'm not postive but I believe this Annamarie Loris is the same person as listed here: Anna Loris - President of Allegheney General Contracting - Bridgeville, PA 15017 - Anna Maria Loris who is president of Allegheney General Contracting.
Could this be the same Carl Valenti who, on May 17 2005, "Federal RICO charges are brought up on Carl Valenti and 12 others in Pittsburgh for their role in one of the largest heroin drug rings on the east coast. Reputed leader Carl "Cash" Valenti is suspected of jury tampering, police bribery, along with controlling a network of crime figures that ensured that no one will be available for testimony." 2005 in organized crime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Who is Vincenzo Isoldi? Owned of Club Erotica in the rocks...

YOU CAN READ THE WHOLE THREAD HERE;

BarSmart Pittsburgh Forums - One Dead, Three Injured In Strip District Night Club Shooting

Last edited by Benzman66; 01-04-2012 at 07:05 PM..

Old 01-04-2012, 07:03 PM

And it seems like the gun toter may have had some pull on getting in unbeknownst to others;

Channel 11's Alan Jennings reported that police have reason to believe that security guards at the club may have been paid off by patrons wanting to bring guns into the building.
A former club manager claimed security guards allowed gun-wielding patrons to enter through the back door of the facility when it was called Club Mosaic.
"As high an amount as $25,000 is paid to security staff in order to bring a gun into the club. I've seen it myself," the manager said.

Ex-Manager: Gun-Wielding Patrons Paid Off Security At Strip District Club - News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh

Old 01-04-2012, 07:25 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,691,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I don't like hand helds. That leaves the discretion of security who can easily, stupidly, and innocently wave someone through. They need the type of metal detectors at that are the hospitals, schools, etc., where everyone has to go through it, even the people who work there.
A metal detector in a hospital? What kind of hospitals are you frequenting?

Old 01-04-2012, 07:29 PM

Nightclub warned before woman's New Years Eve killing;

Nightclub Was Warned Before Woman's New Year's Eve Killing - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh