Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:03 PM

136 posts, read 691,400 times

Advertisements

i knew that(it's hard not too...) i worked at the mall in king of prussia when they were opening it caused a big stink. I don't care for there stuff...I do like the picture of Huntington beach they have with the factory in it....lol what clowns decided to use that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2007, 08:03 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,070,295 times
Did you also know that American Eagle's master floor-set store is the AE in Ross Park Mall?

Every time a new floor set is done by the company it is done in that store and is often experimental (their "test" store) before it is launched company-wide. All the pictures taken which are sent to other stores to show them how it's done are from Ross Park.

You're right, it IS hard not to see Hollister is a spawn of A&F, only it's like the red-headed step child.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:09 PM

AE has also launched a second brand, only it's been successful enough they are going to start opening them as stand-alone stores starting next year. It's the Aerie by American Eagle line which is all woman's under garments, PJs, thongs and bra's and that kind of Victoria Secret stuff (currently just sectioned off in normal AE stores).

Last edited by guylocke; 09-01-2007 at 08:19 PM..

Old 09-01-2007, 08:11 PM

What's more is that the President and CMO, Susan McGalla, lives in Mt. Lebanon. :P

Old 09-01-2007, 08:14 PM

ONE more tid bit of info is that they are currently testing a third brand called Martin + Osa which is essentially American Eagle for a more mature audience and targets a bit older lifestyle - more like 30s and 40s. They also plan to test a fourth brand in the future which is rumoured to be targeted to the baby-boomers and will offer homewares.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Sadly, the American Eagle in our local mall has about the worst customer service of any store in the mall (and that's saying something)! I honestly think it's b/c they sell to all these teenagers and think they can treat them like crap.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:21 PM

Quote:
I honestly think it's b/c they sell to all these teenagers and think they can treat them like crap.
Really? That's crappy, tell the teenie boppers to go to Aeropostale. I ran into a few sour apples in the NYC AE's too, I hope it's not a store-wide problem. It hasn't been reflected in sales yet, anyway.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boylocke View Post
Really? That's crappy, tell the teenie boppers to go to Aeropostale. I ran into a few sour apples in the NYC AE's too, I hope it's not a store-wide problem. It hasn't been reflected in sales yet, anyway.
My DD (just turned 20), goes to Express, Old Navy and New York and Co. instead. I was just shopping w/her today. I didn't know AE was a Pgh co. until recently.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:38 PM

Quote:
My DD (just turned 20), goes to Express, Old Navy and New York and Co.
I used to love Express Men's when it was Structure. After The Limited Co. made the stores duel-gender, the men's line was never the same (although the woman's line was and still is very beautiful). Only recently has Express Men gone back to more of a Structure look, THANK GOD. Before American Eagle, Structure dominated my wardrobe.

Old Navy is junk, she should go to Gap and get the same stuff of a much better quality (although a bit more expensive, too, obviously). It's funny cause so many people think "I don't want to spend this money at Gap when I get the same thing at Old Navy!" It's true, the styling is similar, but Old Navy stuff falls apart after one season. Banana Republic is in another league of quality and style, but she could go there, too, still part of Gap Co.

I don't know much about New York & Co. because it is all women. I do know it is very different in styling than AE. lol.

Last edited by guylocke; 09-01-2007 at 09:46 PM..

Old 09-01-2007, 09:45 PM

136 posts, read 691,400 times
lol me too. i liked structure alot(although I was a little young to care too much) but now that it's one store it's kinda beat...less of a selection and more femine.

yeah...old navy gap and banana republic - and one other one are four stores...alot of the big little chains are one company.

bath and body works vicky secret express one company...so on and so forth.

boylocke - is the ross park mall better than the robinson mall? the robinson mall is nice for a pitt mall, tons and tons better than century or monroeville. What's the ross park mall got that robinson doesn't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh