U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 02:33 PM

4,192 posts, read 2,718,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Yeah, although I personally don't think it is necessary for the vast majority of people, and some idiots can't be trusted with pointy sticks let alone firearms, I don't have any inherent problem with people carrying for the purpose of self-defense.
You'll get no argument from me here, I agree completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 03:44 PM

939 posts, read 1,533,410 times
Guns???? WTF

First it was some of you wanting to shoot someone for pepper spraying an animal (off leash dogs specifically). Now you want to shoot people who are breaking windows??? I am MUCH more afraid of you overactive-imagination-land cowboys, than a few juvenile delinquents who are definitely misguided, but probably at least sane... unlike you fantasy-landers.

You people are hell bent on killing someones child and spending the rest of you life in prison. What kind of fantasy world are you living in where you thing you can shoot people for random incidents you personally deem to be wrong. I GUARANTEE you that shooting anyone in any situation(s) like this will result in a Life sentence. I will make it simple for you.

YOU CAN NOT SHOOT PEOPLE!

Unless they enter your house, pull a weapon on you, or are beating you to within an inch of you life. You can not shoot people. I could punch you in the jaw, if you shoot me you will go to prison. I can break your car window, if you shoot me you will go to prison... What is so hard to understand.

Some of you have serious issues. You are an absolute menace to civilized society.

EDIT: BTW, what those kids did was, without a doubt, terrible. They should be arrested, prosecuted, and punished to the full extent of the law..... Hopefully without the intervention of any scoff-law, vigilante, trigger-happy cowboys.

Last edited by zip95; 02-16-2012 at 04:01 PM..

Old 02-16-2012, 03:47 PM

3,816 posts, read 2,370,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Again, from the reporting so far I don't see any indication they tried to harm people (as opposed to property).

If they were so threatening that people were afraid to confront them, its still a violent incident. People being afraid of a realistic threat of bodily harm is still pretty evil.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip95 View Post
Guns???? WTF

First it was some of you wanting to shoot someone for pepper spraying an animal (off leash dogs specifically). Now you want to shoot people who are breaking windows??? I am MUCH more afraid of you overactive-imagination-land cowboys, than a few juvenile delinquents who are definitely misguided, but probably at least sane... unlike you fantasy-landers.

You people are hell bent on killing someones child and spending the rest of you life in prison. What kind of fantasy world are you living in where you thing you can shoot people for random incidents you personally deem to be wrong. I GUARANTEE you that shooting anyone in any situation(s) like this will result in a Life sentence. I will make it simple for you.

YOU CAN NOT SHOOT PEOPLE!

Unless they enter your house, pull a weapon on you, or are beating you to within an inch of you life. You can not shoot people. I could punch you in the jaw, if you shoot me you will go to prison. I can break your car window, if you shoot me you will go to prison... What is so hard to understand.

Some of you have serious issues. You are an absolute menace to civilized society.
Sigh. I have no desire to veer way off topic and address the inaccuracies of this post but this is exactly what I was talking about previously.

Granted, you are entitled to your own opinion so its all good. Not all gun owners are cowboys my man.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:00 PM

682 posts, read 507,748 times
Do you need to pass a psych test to get a license to carry a concealed weapon?

Old 02-16-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy View Post
Do you need to pass a psych test to get a license to carry a concealed weapon?

Not in Pennsylvania.

That's why Allegheny County is number one nationwide in the number of concealed carry permits (and Westmoreland is number 2). The Pennsylvania Constitution is very strong on gun rights and doesn't want to jam up the system with red tape. The Constitution states the "the right to bear arms shall not be questioned"- much greater protection than the Bill of Rights.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:05 PM

939 posts, read 1,533,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
Sigh. I have no desire to veer way off topic and address the inaccuracies of this post but this is exactly what I was talking about previously.

Granted, you are entitled to your own opinion so its all good. Not all gun owners are cowboys my man.
We definitely aren't!!!

I have a gun locked away in my nightstand to protect my family against home invaders, or rapists (think Ross). Any man should have the means to protect his family in a worse case scenario. That's very different from shooting adolescents for breaking windows... That's not really sane.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip95 View Post
We definitely aren't!!!

I have a gun locked away in my nightstand to protect my family against home invaders, or rapists (think Ross). Any man should have the means to protect his family in a worse case scenario. That's very different from shooting adolescents for breaking windows... That's not really sane.
I agree! I think a lot of those comments are internet hot air, know what I mean?

Old 02-16-2012, 04:25 PM

1,758 posts, read 2,256,311 times
I heard that those youths involved were rioting in revolt to their neighborhood becoming more diversified. First Whole Foods, then Trader Joes, then Bakery Square and Google and Eastside. When they got wind of the revitalization of the Highland Building and Walllace Building bringing in dozens of well payed tenants to the heart of town, it was enough to push them over the edge. They feel that East Liberty is their stomping grounds and want to keep it that way.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwaver88 View Post
I heard that those youths involved were rioting in revolt to their neighborhood becoming more diversified. First Whole Foods, then Trader Joes, then Bakery Square and Google and Eastside. When they got wind of the revitalization of the Highland Building and Walllace Building bringing in dozens of well payed tenants to the heart of town, it was enough to push them over the edge. They feel that East Liberty is their stomping grounds and want to keep it that way.

If that's the case, it isn't unprecedented. There was vandalism when the Greenway Park and Greenway Middle School were being built in the bucolic parts of Crafton Heights and Elliott.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh